Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 10, 2020

Train picture

36 degrees this morning and raining.
Put on my rain gear and left the house walking at 7:00.
Couldn't take my umbrella because it was too windy.
Walked down the driveway with a cold driving rain in my face.
Went just a little way down the road and the rain was already
running down my neck.
So I turned around and went back home
and walked once again in the basement.

No pictures outside so here's one from my inside walk
making loops around Ken's train layout.


I spent most of the morning doing housework
and then we finished with current puzzle.
This was a fun one to do and I really like the picture.


Now that I've finished the latest baby blanket
I'm concentrating on finishing knitting the scarf for Tricia
before starting anything else.

Read some more of David Copperfield too.
I'm just half finished with it.
Takes a while to read but it is a great book.

No going out for pizza today.
Had homemade pizza here at home.

It's been a wet, dreary day but a nice warm, dry one inside.

That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I have seen a number of train layouts, but never anything like Ken's!!!

Rose said...

I would like to know how many individual parts there are to Ken's train...how many people, how many trucks and cars, etc....I bet the number is mind boggling.

You know, I always liked picking apples in the rain, unless it was cold rain. and then I am ready to go inside...and I know I would be the same way with walking.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love that puzzle! Love old trucks, loved picking apples.

William Kendall said...

A good detail shot for the train.

The Furry Gnome said...

Ken's train layout looks amazing!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like that puzzle too! We had a dry day here but a very cold and brisk breeze is blowing. We just took our walk at the mall. Great picture of another part of Ken's train layout. See you again soon!

Vee said...

So real looking Ken’s layouts...quite a bit of traffic on that bridge.

Hill Top Post said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of the train layout. Hopefully, you'll get a break in the weather soon so you'll be back outside walking. I love the puzzle picture...almost too nice to take apart!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You know I like seeing those train pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like you had nasty weather today. I hope the sunshine returns soon so you can walk outside. It does a person so much good to be out in the fresh air.
The finished puzzle is really nice. It will be a shame to break it up.

Adam said...

Nice puzzle

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's so heart-warming to see your train set photos. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

What a nice train photo and puzzle. It is better to stay home when it is so windy and rainy. We have had our first storm, named Ciara. Those winds were hurricane-class, so we had to stay indoors.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Ken train layout is just wonderful. We had rain most of the day and more today. The puzzle is a pretty picture. The homemade pizza sounds yummy. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you are able to get out this morning. The wind really does it for me....it makes it SO much colder. And we love homemade pizza best too! Enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

So fun.

ellen b. said...

It's always fun to see the train layout. Rain running down your back does not sound good. :)
That is a fun puzzle.

Michelle said...

That train layout is quite impressive.

Retired Knitter said...

I enjoy seeing Ken's layouts. If I understand the picture correctly, there is a river in this set up. It looks like real water!!!

Henny Penny said...

That train layout is amazing. It's beautiful! I like the puzzle too. Would be a pretty picture framed.

Angie said...

That is an incredible train layout. I know you prefer to walk outside, but it's some consolation to be able to walk in the presence of such artistry! I can see why you liked that puzzle - it's a beauty! Hope the weather improves and you can get back outside again!