Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 10, 2020

warm

Walked a mile in the basement waiting for it to get light out.
Then headed outside and walked to town.


Today the temperature was 42 when I left walking.
What a difference from yesterday's 14!!
I don't ever remember a winter having such drastic up and
down temperatures!!
It was cloudy with a slight breeze.
Sunrise 7:37
(by afternoon it was 60)

Once I got to town I walked up the hill to the cemetery.
Down this road by the barn is where the bulls live and
the Drane house is down there too on the left.
Can't tell from the picture but it IS a hill.


Walked back to the main road and home again.
Saw a couple of deer and the geese are still by the pond.

November 9th I found a glove and put in on a mile post marker
along the road.  It is STILL there after all this time!

Counting the inside mile I walked 6.4 miles.

After lunch Ken loaded up the tractor on the trailer and we took
it in for service. 
Good time to take it because winter is their slow time
and we are getting a discount on labor and parts.  ๐Ÿ™‚  ๐Ÿšœ

Spent quite a bit of time working on the Noah's Ark puzzle
and we still aren't done.

Haven't taken the bandage off my cut thumb yet
but will later after I take a shower.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
 happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Yes, a cut on the hand is much better than getting hurt falling on the ice.  I can still walk with a cut hand!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

21 comments:

Rose said...

That is a great idea to get the service done now while they are not busy. That looks like a good walk today. The weather has been crazy, hasn't it? I can remember one year after Roger and I were married wearing a tank top into work well up into November and that being enough.

Compared to most years when I worked at the orchard, I can remember having to rush to get the Granny Smith apples in right around Nov 1st...and one year, I would pick a while, then go down and hold my hands close to the motor to warm them. I think we were picking them to see how they did in cider that year.

Sue said...

Our temps. have been up and down too, but mostly warm, I walked this evening it was near 70, , Happy your thumb is better, cuts on our hands do hinder ur progress.
It is always nice to get discounts, I haven't worked on a puzzle in quite a while, but would like to try this year. The last one I did was when our oldest grandson came for a visit one summer, he and I would stay up way late, it was such a special memory for me.
As always I do enjoy your photos.
I am wondering how many miles you walk each day or week and how long it takes to walk a mile.I am working on trying to up my speed, but finding it a little difficult.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

We have had an unusual winter as well. Right now it is cold, bt really only normal for this time of year, but since we've had such mild weather it feels very cold.

Tom said...

...a rainy day today and most of our snow is melted, I don't know what normal winter weather is at this point!

Happy@Home said...

Wow, that is a big change in your temps. Hope things looked okay once your band aid came off.

Vee said...

Yes, we’re on some kind of a temp roller coaster here, too. I have heard it described as “The Polar Roller Coaster.” Tomorrow will be 52° here and rainy.

Crazy about that glove, perhaps someone will yet find it.

NanaDiana said...

Sorry about your hand. Hope it heals fast. I love your walks and walking down the hill to that barn is a pretty place to walk.
Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another good day for you. Hope your hand is feeling better. and healing up. I thought of you when I was chopping vegetables for chicken soup I made for dinner tonight, and was extra careful. Glad you had a nice day. See you tomorrow

Granny Marigold said...

Strange that the glove is still there after months have passed.
I like your winter flag!!

Bill said...

I guess that the person who lost their glove doesn't miss it. :) I like the colourful banner in your driveway, it really stands out.
Have a wonderful Saturday.

Ruta M. said...

Sorry to hear about your hand, I hope it heals quickly. We haven't had much in the way of cold weather in Devon though Jan/Feb are often the coldest and we're thankful we have a nice warm home.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Our temps are up and down too, I do enjoy the warmer days. I think the geese stay here year round now. Pretty view of the farm and the view down the road. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The reason the glove is still there is because its owner is still looking for the golf ball he lost and you put on another post.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Hugs.

Susie said...

Hi Happy, I love that stick with your walks. Some times I do our flight of stairs for the exercise too. I laughed about the glove. Yes, walking with a cut thumb is way better than hobbling. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

GretchenJoanna said...

I always love reading about your walks - it is wonderful that you are able to take advantage of the beautiful country setting you are in, and that you have the verve to do it in any weather. I get refreshed a little bit just reading about *your* walks, especially when I am not able to walk myself.

For the basement walks, are you walking on a treadmill?

Hill Top Post said...

Well, just as expected our snow fizzled out! My only pictures for today are of a foggy morning on the trail. Therefore, my favorite for the day is your first shot. I also love your driveway banner! Our birds are busy at the feeders today!

Adam said...

I don't doubt it's their slow time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fancy that glove is still there after all this time!

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Our roller coaster will be hitting the single digits next week if the forecast is right. We are right at freezing right now with over 6 inches of snow on the ground. We finished a puzzle today that was a topographical map of north America. It was hard because the pieces were so similar you could easily put them in the wrong spot. Very frustrating. Also the puzzle was way off scale. That's one that will be going to Goodwill soon! How nice that you could have an outdoor walk in decent temps!

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!