Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 11, 2020

The warm weather

 continued today with a temperature of 48 degrees
when I started walking this morning.
Didn't feel like waiting for it to get light so drove the Jeep
to town and started my walk at 7:00 from the pond parking lot.
A mix of sun and clouds and a bit of a breeze.
Sunrise again was at 7:37


Walked to the library to drop off some books down the slot
and then the post office to mail a few things.

Went back to the edge of town and walked around the lower cemetery.
Then continued through town and out the other end 
and over to the industrial park and walked around there.

This seed pod of some kind caught my attention.
It almost looks alive.

Then back to the main road in town.

A gas station of the past.


And across the street one of the present.


Walked around the ball park loop and
then around the cemetery at top of the hill.
Back to the Jeep and drove home.
 
Saw a couple of rabbits on the way to town.

A couple who I've never seen before were walking in town too and
we passed each other a couple of times.

Many of the cars and trucks pass me while walking each day
give me a toot as they drive by and I wave back.
Can't really see the people inside their cars so I just
know the cars but not the people.
 A red pick-up truck that I recognized pulled in at the gas station
and when he got out he called out
Hi, Good Morning, and gave a big wave.
If not for his red truck I'd have no idea who he was.
Makes me wonder just how many people see me out there walking!

 Walked 6 miles. 

⛅️     ⛅️     ⛅️

Weather so nice and warm that I could hang my laundry
out on the line today.

Finally took the bandage off my thumb to take a look at it.
It is healing nicely but did put another bandage on it.

We went to town and went to the library again.
We both had a couple more books to pick up that were on hold.

I started reading The Gown and surprisingly I really do like it!!  🙂

Going to try a knitting later.
I'm adding thumbs to my thankful list!!

That's been my Saturday.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰


Comment Replies:
Sue - If you click on 'Walk' below the header picture it will answer your questions about my walk.

Gretchen - My basement walk is walking around my husbands HO model train layout that is is working on.  Did a post on it which you can find HERE if you are interested.

17 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I can imagine what an inspiration you are to so many, just as you are to me, who see you out walking early each morning. I love your first picture today!

Tom said...

...what sunrise, our day felt like April, mighty strange. The honey locust seed pod looks like a flattened snake! Enjoy your evening Karen.

Granny Marigold said...

We still have sunrise just past 8 o'clock. Must be because we're so much farther North. Sunset today will be at 4:35. No more snow today but a bit of rain. It makes for treacherous walking.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your first photograph, and that seed pod does look interesting, well spotted and photographed.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Wow...warm enough to hang out some laundry! That's nice that you get friendly honks when you walk! Have a great Sunday!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have also met people who knew me because I was "that lady they see out walking." You say you walk about one mile every 15 minutes. When Charly and I walk at the mall, our pace is about one mile every 18 - 19 minutes, so you really have a pretty good pace when you walk. When we walk outside, we go slower than at the mall. I am not sure why. Also, Charly doesn't walk quite as fast as he used to before the brain hemorrhage, but he does pretty good. Hope you have a good Sunday.

John's Island said...

Wow, that first photo is amazing. Just wondering ... when did you start driving into town to start your walks and why? Have a happy weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a beautiful sunrise. The warm weather is welcome, I hope it sticks around. The seed pod is interesting, it did look alive. Great to hear so many people are waving and beeping at you, friendly! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great to know you're healing well.

God bless.

Adam said...

Gorgeous sky

Bill said...

What a beautiful sky to greet you in the miorning.
Have a wonderful day.

Sandi said...

I've been walking more. You inspire me!

Sue said...

As always I enjoy my walks with you, Once in a while I will get a toot from a car or truck, but most of my toots come from the donkeys and horse, wanting a snack, which I give when I finish walking, I rotate my days at a walking track.
Have a blessed day.
Sue

Retired Knitter said...

Great sky picture. The temps are too warm. Crazy weather.

William Kendall said...

That sky is gorgeous.

Rose said...

If I was there, I would wave, maybe even toot at you. LOL I don't know why I am this late commenting...sorry about this. But better late than never. Glad your thumb is healing nicely.

Kerri Farley said...

Glad your thumb is getting better!!