Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Ouch!

I walked a mile in the basement waiting for it to get light
enough to walk and left the house 7:25.
It was a bit cloudy, calm, and 14 degrees.
A good day to wear my VERY warm jacket.
Believe it or not once I got to walking I was actually quite warm.
Sunrise was 7:37 and a minute earlier than yesterday!

Not a whole lot of color in the sky this morning but still pretty.



Walked to town and on the way there saw 3 deer run across the 
road in front of me.
One of the gave me a snort as they ran up into the field.

A few icy spots around so was extra careful walking.

When I got to town the sidewalks looked pretty icy so 
I turned around and headed back home.

Walked up the lane a little ways to make up the half mile
I still had to go before reaching 6 miles.


By the time I got home the clouds made way for the sun.

☁️     ⛅️     🌤

I was cutting up a bell pepper for chili I was making when
the knife slipped and cut my thumb. 🔪
It made a flap so I held it in place and Ken came to the rescue.
He put a couple of Band-aids on it for me.
I'm not going to look at till tomorrow!!
My thumb was throbbing for a while but that has stopped.
I'm just glad that it wasn't worse then it was.
I went to my book club meeting at the library.
There were 10 of us there.
Everyone liked the book, The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter,
but I think I liked it better than most.
 The book for next month is 
The Gown by Jennifer Robson.
A novel of the Royal Wedding 
It is not a book I would have picked but I'll give it a try.
This has happened in the past and I ended up really 
liking the book.
One of the reasons I enjoy the book club is that
I read books I normally wouldn't have chosen.
I made Cheese Broccoli Soup for supper but Ken insisted
on cutting up the broccoli and onion. 🙂
(the chili is for tomorrow)
Did some reading this afternoon.
Tried knitting but I think I'll have to skip that for the next couple of days.
That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

20 comments:

Tom said...

...image 2 and 3 are by far my favorites. As a Boy Scout I remember 'finger carving merit badge. Have a good evening.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.

It sounds to me like you'd better get stitches for that.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Ouch! I know that does hurt to get a cut like that. I have a book club meeting tonight - it is a group of ladies from our church congregation. It's always fun to get together and talk about books. I agree - I read books for the book clubs I am in that I would not pick up on my own, and yet I have really enjoyed most of the books we have read - including The House Girl that we are going to discuss tonight. Heal up quickly!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I'm sorry you cut your finger! OUCH! I pray it heals fast!

Rose said...

I hope it doesn't take long for your thumb to feel more normal...I looked at The Lighthouse Keeper's daughter...sounds good. At the end of Caroline, I was disappointed...really enjoyed it up to that point and then it was like someone else stepped in a wrote part of it.

It was sure cold in your part of the world this morn...

Vee said...

Ken’s not letting you near a knife. That’s good. There are many things that are challenging with a bum hand. I am sure that he will be a big help. I love to hear the snort of a deer...been a long time.

Happy@Home said...

Hmmm... not sure I've ever heard a deer snort :). Will pay closer attention next time I see a deer.
So sorry to hear about your mishap with the knife. That does not sound pleasant. Glad to know that Ken is looking out for your best interests.

ellen b. said...

Ouch, sorry about the cut. That was nice of Ken to cut up the onion and broccoli. Gives me an idea on what to do with the broccoli I bought this week. Hope your thumb heals well. Keep watching out for that ice!

doodles n daydreams said...

Ouch indeed, hoping you heal up okay. Great winter shots.
Diana

Granny Marigold said...

When I saw the post was called Ouch I thought you must have slipped and fallen on your walk. I'm not sure if slicing into your thumb was as bad as falling. Either way, I hope it heals quickly.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, a lovely sunrise and pretty winter scenes. I have heard a deer snorting at me, it is a warning. Sorry about your thumb, I hope it heals quickly. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying your cut finger heals soon and quick.

God bless.

Bill said...

Beautiful sky shots, the road does look pretty slick and icy. Hope your cut heals fast, I hate when that happens.
Enjoy your day.

Lisa said...

Chili sounds good! It’s 42 degrees and cloudy here today. It’s weird how a cold 14 degree morning can still feel warm and the 60’s can feel like frost.
Glad your finger wasn’t worst.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sky pictures are very pretty. I have a fear of cutting myself with a knife, so am always very careful. Having said that, a knife can slip and accidents do happen. Hope your thumb heals quickly.

Aritha V. said...

Be careful please :) But you shared nice photos. Love to see snow.

Hill Top Post said...

Ouch, for sure! A cut on the hand makes me feel bad all over! And cranky too! I love your snowy day pictures! We may see a few flakes tomorrow. Yay!

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy your photographs...
BUT Ouch indeed !!!
Hoping you heal up quickly, take care.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

I cut myself semi bad once while trimming cabbage ends. Made me wish I had those chainmail cutting gloves.

Retired Knitter said...

When we hurt something and try not to use it ... it points out just how much we do use it normally. No matter what is hurt - it has a function and it isn't obvious until we try to do our normal activities. Hope you heal quickly.