Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 13, 2020

Puzzle

No blogging for me yesterday.
We had no power for about 12 hours.

This morning I left the house walking to town at 7:30.
It was 38 degrees, cloudy, and calm.
Sunrise 7:36


Walked directly to the post office and dropped mail down the slot.
Continued to the ball park and walked around there.
Then it was to the lower cemetery and walked around there too


before heading back home.

My friend Kathy just got to town, parked and started walking
to the cemetery and I was walking back from the cemetery
and we stopped for a chat.
Haven't seen her for a couple of months so it was nice to catch up.
Then she went on her way walking and I walked home. 

I've noticed lots of bird nests in the trees along my walk
now that all the leaves are gone.
I've also spotted a couple more of those bee nests in the trees too.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

We worked on the Noah's Ark puzzle for most of the day
and finally finished it. This puzzle is one of the hardest we've ever done.


Not going to start the next puzzle for a day or two.
At least that's the plan.
I wouldn't be surprised if I started it later!!

We did take a break from the puzzle for lunch and then dropped our
weekly trash off at the refuse recycling place and then went for a little ride.

Time sure slips by fast when you're doing a puzzle!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day.  ๐Ÿ™‚

 That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Comment Replies:
John - I drive into town when it is too dark to leave walking from the house.  Sometimes I wait for it to get light enough and then will walk from the house. 
Looking forward to lighter mornings.  Today was the darkest morning and from now on it will get a bit lighter each morning.

19 comments:

Michelle said...

I admire your patience for a puzzle. I bought one a year ago and put it out on a table....never did get it finished! Oh well....

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow, well done with the puzzle. It looks great.
Diana

William Kendall said...

Bravo on the puzzle!

Bill said...

Congrats on finishing the puzzle. It nice to notice different things when you're out walking. We had storm Brendan in for a visit today. Lots of strong gusts of wind and plenty of rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day, we'll see. :) Have a wonderful evening.

Rose said...

The dark parts of puzzle are the hardest for me...so this looks like it would be really hard for me. With dark greens probably being the hardest for me. Easiest is blues and whites.

I like that shot looking own those rows in that field.

Tom said...

...your landscape looks just like mine today, no snow. That puzzel looks like a hard one, you sure have patience!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that puzzle. I have never even attempted a 1,000 piece puzzle. I do want to set up a little card table in the basement and start doing puzzles again. Glad you power is back on. Sounds like a good walk. I will stop by and say hello again tomorrow!

Henny Penny said...

That looks like a hard puzzle to figure out. So much of the same color. It's beautiful though. Been many years since I worked on a puzzle. You sure can lose track of time doing one.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That puzzle does look hard. So many similar colors.

Vee said...

That puzzle does indeed look challenging. Now I do not understand this day lengthening stuff. Wasn’t the darkest day back on December 21, 2019? Have we had this conversation before? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Vee said...

Well ya learn something new every day! https://www.almanac.com/news/astronomy/astronomy/when-darkest-day-winter

Granny Marigold said...

Twelve hours without power... that's quite an outage. Good thing it's not too cold ( I'm assuming the warm weather you mentioned on Saturday is still around).
That is one of the most challenging puzzles I've ever seen. Good for you finishing it.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Where has all the Snow gone? I though Snow stayed around for weeks on end.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I had a Noah's Ark puzzle. At the end there were TWO pieces missing.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Congrats on finishing the puzzle, it looks like a hard one. I am looking forward to longer sunny days. I shouldn't complain, our weather has not been too bad so far. Great view of the barn and farm.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

Adam said...

It's been kind of warm here with lots of rain

Hill Top Post said...

This puzzle may have been the most difficult one you have done, but, in my opinion, it is the most beautiful! I love it! I also love your first picture!

ellen b. said...

We've been doing puzzles the last several days and you really do lose track of time. That Noah's Ark one looks very difficult with that coloring. We've been doing 500 piece puzzles but the next one we have is a 1000 piece one. We're learning that some puzzles are a lot better to work with than cheap ones. On Sunday we are having our Winter Senior event after church on Sunday. We are going to have a jigsaw puzzle swap as part of the event. I hope people will bring nice puzzles! Sorry about your power outage!

Retired Knitter said...

I love picture puzzles!! Its been a long time since I have done one.