Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 03, 2020

Rainy Walk

Waited for first light and then left the house at 7:20
and walked to town.
Another warm morning with a temperature of 50 degrees.
Left wearing all my rain gear and with the umbrella
and it rained the whole time I walked.
No wind though so that was nice.
Sunrise 7:38


Once I got to town walked around the lower cemetery first
and then a short loop around town and then back to the 
cemetery on top of the hill and walked around there
a couple of times.

Noticed some geese have made it back to town.
The little pond is out of sight to the right.


Walked back up to the main road and then back home.


Saw a couple of squirrels.
One made it across the road and the other one did NOT.

Walked 6 miles

🌧     ☔️     🌧

Today was a work day at home and got lots of housework done.
It always feels good to have sparkly clean bathrooms!!

Took a break lunch time.
I had forgotten to pick up a birthday card for one of our grandsons
when we were out yesterday so we went 
to Dollar General in town and picked one up.
While we were out we to McHenry to the Burger King
to get a burger for lunch BUT
they were out of burgers!!
We had a good laugh over that!!

 Went to the Shop and Save a got some ice cream on sale.

Then home to more work.
After that was done
I read and then knitted.

Leftovers for supper tonight.
Had chili and noodles sitting in the refrigerator,
we combined the two, added a bit of cheese and had
chili mac.
It was really good.

That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
HTP - I'm enjoying reading David Copperfield.  I've only been reading one chapter a day because I have to finish a library book and then have to read another one for my book club next Thursday.  Then I'll just read DC till I finish it.

16 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Well done, my friend - six miles in the rain! That's impressive. I feel like a wimp! Have you tried the "Impossible Burger" that they sell at BK? It's 100% plant but looks and tastes exactly like a hamburger.

Rose said...


This sounds like a good day to me...I asked Roger day before yesterday if the Snow Geese are coming or going...I really don't know. And they seemed kind of confused when we saw them. Some were heading north and others going south.

Tom said...

...Burger King was out of burgers, really? Leftovers here tonight too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

We went to Arby's a few weeks back and they were out of meat! I told the manager, you DON't have the meat! That is funny that Burger King running out of burgers. Happy birthday to your grandson. I have a little granddaughter who will be two on Monday. Hope you have a great weekend - rain and all!

Vee said...

A nice mild January day...that was crazy about Burger King being out of burgers. I’d like to have a Dollar General right here in town. That would be convenient. I think I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree today, which prompted my asking Siri if it were possible. Some articles were rounded up for me and I guess that it is. I had chicken tenders for supper...your chili mac sounds a lot better.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A soft rain is so refreshing.Have a great weekend.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pretty little town looks quiet and peaceful in the rain. It could well be a scene along Ken's train tracks. I rather enjoy a walk in the rain if the wind isn't blowing. There's no cold wintery weather in our fifteen day forecast.

Granny Marigold said...

Like you I walked today, I went to the Dollar Store, and later went to buy Ice Cream. Although I carried my umbrella on my walk I didn't even open it. Right now we're having strong gusty winds. Sounds wild outside.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

and the other one did NOT

I hope you don't mean R.I.P. Squirrel

God bless.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Hootin Anni said...

Hi...I came here from the comment you left for Rose at her blog. I love a rainy walk...And to walk to town and back would be wonderful to do. So quaint and peaceful looking in your area. But, wait...a burger joint with no burgers? Hmmmm.

Love the scenes in your photos.

Adam said...

Car tires probably take out more than them than hawks

Retired Knitter said...

You know, I have seen a lot of geese in our area as well. I often wonder why they stick around in January. I wonder if it is because it has been so warm - warm for winter!! Crazy weather.

Jeanette said...

Wow! Bad planning at that Burger King! I hate when squirrels or any animal don’t make it across the road! 😖

ellen b. said...

Ran out of burgers! That is worth a laugh. I need to remember about the dollar store when it comes to buying cards!

William Kendall said...

The geese are a welcome sight.