Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 04, 2020

More rain

A rainy walk today just like yesterday.
A little cooler at 44 degrees and a gust of wind every so often.
Sunrise again at 7:38

Walked to town in my rain gear and took along the umbrella.
Saw a deer on the way to town.

Went around the lower cemetery right at the edge of town
and then walked down the main road over to the
ball park and around that loop.
 Down one of the side roads to the main road and back home.
The first half of my walk it rained,
but the second half was just cloudy.




Walked 6 miles

 ๐ŸŒง     ☁️     ๐ŸŒง

Got the rest of the housework done this morning.
Rain started again mid morning and rained on
and off all day.

Drove to town to the post office and the library after lunch.
 Had to return a couple of books.
I didn't check any more out but Ken did.
I just started reading the book for my book club which
meets Thursday and want to get that finished before I start another book.

More reading and knitting this afternoon.
Finished the first book of the year.
Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny.

Temperature has been dropping and it's supposed to snow tonight.
Probably won't amount to anything though,
not much snow this winter.
(not yet anyway)

It's been a pleasant day even with all the rain.
 Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Comment Replies:
Victor - Yes, sorry to say the squirrel that didn't make it across the road was dead.

Vee - About the yellow and white bedspread - it is only half finished.  I work on it between baby blankets so it is taking a while. 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...we started with rian which turned to wet snow which then to rain and finally snow. What a sloppy day. Winter isn't like I reminder it from years ago.

Vee said...

It’s raining here as well, though it should change to snow at some point. I think it’s pretty cool that you enjoy walking in the rain. I don’t mind it around the block, but not six miles.

๐Ÿงถ and ๐Ÿ“š sounds good to me.

Rose said...

We had a cloudy day, kind of cool, with snow flurries this morn. So, from the sounds of you walk, town must be about 2-2.5 miles from your house?

Susie said...

My gosh, to walk that far is wonderful. Our wind had a bite to it today. But it is suppose to stay in the 40's for some time. I am ready for sunshine. Hope you get some too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your pictures do a good job of creating a rainy day feeling.

Hill Top Post said...

Your umbrella is getting more use than my new Christmas one. It has only encountered some mist a couple of days. We are really quite dry here, so definitely there's no snow.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm impressed with how neat and litter-free the streets in your town are. Even in the park it seems there's always a certain amount of litter which I'll pick up and dump in the trash cans ( which are never far away) IF I have a disposable glove with me. Strange how anyone would drop their empty coffee cup 20' from a trash can.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you read quickly! I am hoping to get half-way through my first book of the year this weekend. Rainy days are nice. I like your pictures today. See you tomorrow.

Onneli Winter said...

Happy new year to you!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have had a lot of rainy days lately. At least the temperature is warmer. I have had enjoyed all of Louise Penny's books, I am waiting for her next one to come out. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I always feel sorry for dead squirrels and the like. I take them home for a decent funeral with roast potatoes and vegetables and a nice wine.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Out temps were in the 60’s yesterday but the wind made it feel like the 40’s! We had lots of sun but a little quick rain storm did pass through while we were grocery shopping.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

We have some rainy snow right now. Not below freezing so it can't make up it's mind on whether it's rain or snow. :)
I'm doing catch up again as taking down Christmas decor got the better of me.

William Kendall said...

At home, there was a good deal of snow on the ground at New Year's.