Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 02, 2020

A day out

Drove the Jeep to town and started walking at 6:45.
It was 32 degrees, with a breeze, and a mix of sun and clouds.
Had to stop on the way to town to let a few deer cross the road.

A pretty sunrise here this morning.

Dropped a couple of books down the book drop at the library
and then walked all over town.
A couple of the side roads still had ice on them so avoided those.

A bit more activity around town now that the kids are
back to school and the bakery is open.

Walked 6 miles

👟     👟

We went over to Uniontown, PA and spent most of the day there.
 Stopped in a few stores.
Hobby Lobby I got some yarn to make a scarf for a friend.
The yarn makes its own stripes.
I've been needing some new oven mitts and found these red ones.
They reminded me of puppets and I walked around with them
on my hands making them talk.  😃 
They just need some eyes on them.
We also walked around the mall in Uniontown and found some
jigsaw puzzles on sale so picked up 3 of them.
The mall seems to be slowly dying.
Half of the stores are empty.
We had lunch while out too at Red Lobster.
On the way to Uniontown we were behind this truck.
Thought my British blogger friends would get a chuckle 
out of it.
Doesn't sound very appetizing does it?
(nappies are diapers)
Got started on the scarf when I got home and read some more
of David Copperfield.

Lately I've been having chocolate marshmallow ice cream
in the evening for my snack and will again later.

That's about it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

15 comments:

Joyful said...

What a spectacular sunrise. Happy New Year to you!

Rose said...

Oh, what a beautiful sky! I so love them. Love the yarn you chose, too. I can't wait to see how it works up.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a good day. A few days ago, in a town nearby, I was driving down a main street and four deer, including a large stagg ran out from someone's yard, in front of my car and across the street into another backyard. It was so weird to see that many deer so far down off the mountain right in a populated area of town. I thought of you and how you regularly see deer around your home. I think all malls are dying. The mall where Charly and I walk was crowded at Christmas, but it regularly has stores and shops come and go - mostly go. There are also vacant places. I understand why. Shopping online is so much easier that going out into crowds. We got most of our Christmas from Amazon this year. We got Josh a game he wanted and we checked at the mall, then bought it on Amazon for half the price of the mall store. I am glad you found some good deals. When we get our basement familyr oom all set up, I hope to have a table set aside just for puzzles so I can watch movies and do puzzles. I enjoy that, but right now, there is no place to spread out a puzzle. I like that yarn. Will look forward to seeing how it works up into stripes. Glad you had a good trip to Uniontown. See you again tomorrow.

Vee said...

Those days out are much needed. I have had two back to back. Even better! Sounds as if you will have plenty to keep your hands busy in the evenings. Did you ever get your yellow blanket for your bedroom done?

I am sure that your Brit readers will find the humor in that business and its name. Maybe they’ll just be ewwww. Reminds me of when I was describing the Easter bread baking in the oven and Norwegians were bent double laughing. I had no idea that paska meant that in Norway. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tom said...

...wowzers, what a sky to start the day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous sunrise pictures.

doodles n daydreams said...

That was a nice relaxing day out. The wool looks great, will be interesting to see the finished product. And I too enjoyed the humour in your last photo, we too call diapers nappies.
Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yep ... tasty nappies over here in the UK.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a gorgeous sunrise. Your new yarn is pretty. It seems like most malls are dying. Hubby and I like Green's Chocolate Marshmallow, YUM!

Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Hill Top Post said...

You do have some spectacular sunrises and you are out there early to capture them. I keep thinking about David Copperfield. You may have inspired me to read it again.

Adam said...

Pretty colors

Michelle said...

Those new oven mitts gave me a smile!!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunrises! Those mitts really could stand in as puppets! We finished a nativity puzzle the other day. The first time in a long time Dear and I finished a puzzle together.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful sky shots.