Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Wednesday

Not very good weather for walking outside so had an 
inside walk today.

We drove down to LaVale and did our food shopping in the
Walmart down there.  It is bigger than the one closer to us.
Had lunch while we were down there.

After we were back home and all the groceries put away,
I bundled up and went outside.
So nice to see the sun but it sure was windy.
 Did a bit of shoveling but mostly just walked around in the snow.
Enjoyed being out in the fresh air.


When I came back in and looked at my pedometer it was blacked out
and looked dead.  Oh no I thought!!!
Put the charger on it but still nothing.  Thought that was the end of that.
Then I went on line and found out how to restart it.
Just hold the on/off button down for 20 seconds, release and then 
hit the button again.
Did that and I'm back in business.

Did some knitting before supper and now we are off to church.

That's about it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  đŸ„°

Comment Replies:
HT - if you click on the link Drane House under the posts it will tell you about the house.

John - I drive into town when it is too dark to leave walking from the house.  Sometimes I wait for it to get light enough and then will walk from the house. 
Looking forward to lighter mornings.  Today was the darkest morning and from now on it will get a bit lighter each morning.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...your pictures look fabulous, woke to no snow and it snowed most of the day.

Pom Pom said...

Yay for reset buttons!
We had biting wind the other day, too. Yikes.

Adam said...

A winter wonderland

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you could get your pedometer working again. I wonder if that is what happened to my Striiv? It only lasted a year. Maybe it just needed to be reset. Now am on my second fitbit and that works pretty well for me. I got my fitbit stats for 2019 and it said I had walked almost 2,000 miles last year - 1998 to be precise. I should have walked two more miles to make it to 2,000. Hope you enjoy church tonight. We had snow today, but not much stuck. May get more tomorrow. See you tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

That world of white looks highly appealing.

Rose said...

Glad you could reset your pedometer! The snow looks pretty...as well as that blue sky. We had sun, but it has been a while since our sky was that beautiful shade of blue.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs are beautiful … lovely to see blue sky and snow.
We've had rain (again) today!

All the best Jan

Hill Top Post said...

What could be more beautiful than those blue blue skies on a cold winter's day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That blue sky and puffy white clouds make for a lovely scene.

Vee said...

Yay for fixing the Fitbit. Gotta love the www and You Tube. I wondered about the length of day and how much light’s been gained. You have often kept us informed.

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been a relief finding out that your pedometer wasn't dead but only needed restarting.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why is it your posts are always one day late? It is Thursday over here. Does it take a day for posts to cross the ocean to the UK? Perhaps if you type a little faster they would get here on time!

God bless.

Bill said...

The snow is making everything look beautiful. My mp3 player does the same thing as your pedometer and has the same solution. I was glad when I found the info on the internet on how to reset it. I wonder what we would do for some information if we didn't have internet, we rely on it for just about everything these days.
Enjoy your day.

Henny Penny said...

I've said this many times, but it is so beautiful there where you live...hills and valleys and yet such a wide open view. I love it! I don't remember it ever being so windy here. We go from 70 degrees and rain, to sunny cold and very windy.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views. It was cold and snowing here yesterday. We had 4-5 inches. I hope the weather warms up tomorrow. I am glad you have your pedometer working again. Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend ahead!

Sue said...

Happy New Year to you and your dear family, Karen.
My fit bit is such a great motivator for me, I set goals and work hard to achieve them, you have also been a big motivator for me! Thank you.
Your photos are always so beautiful too!
Blessings,
Sue

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Pretty photo......but oh so chilly! We have not yet had snow......but have had some windy days and very cold nights! Stay warm and have a pretty day!

ellen b. said...

Glad you are back in business!