Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Lazy Day

We had some ice with a dusting of snow on it which
doesn't make for the best walking conditions so started out
the new year walking inside.

Another sunrise from the past over Centennial Lake.
January 2013


We stayed up till the new year last night.
Not on purpose though, that was just the time we got to bed.

It's been a lazy first day of the new year for us.
Just puttered about the house doing this and that.

I did make grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch
which hit the spot.

Reset my pedometer for this year.
Last year my steps were
5,390,682
which is 
2,570.2 miles

Happy New Year to all.
Thanks to you who read my blog 
and thanks to all you who take the time to leave a comment.
Blogging has become part of my life and I am so
thankful for all my blogger friends.
Blogger friends are very special people!!
Here's to another year of blogging!!

A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

What a wonderful thought it is 
that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.
Anne Frank

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - such a sweet post. I enjoy blogging too and am grateful for all the nice people I have met through blogging. Lazy days are nice now and then. Wow, you have walked a lot. I hope that you and Ken have a very happy 2020.

Rose said...

Wow, what a lot of steps! And miles. I love that shot....it is just glorious. We had sunshine, and was outside some this evening with just long sleeves...such a change from yesterday.

Tom said...

...what a sunrise, it looks like you captured a couple of geese.

Connie said...

Hi Karen and Happy New Year! I love reading your posts and I think it is wonderful that you keep track of your yearly miles . . . I think that I am going to try doing that this year. I won't come close to matching yours, but I think it might be a great incentive to walk more :) Thanks for the idea!

Vee said...

How far do all those miles take you? A long way! Some days are meant for quiet, peace, and calm...New Year’s Day is a good one for that. It has been my pleasure to read your blog all these years.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree that blogger friends are very special. Looking forward to hearing more about your walks and life in general. Happy New Year.

ellen b. said...

That's a lot of miles for sure! Hats off to you!

Hill Top Post said...

Visiting your blog each day has become a happy little habit - one that I always enjoy. I love the Anne Frank quote. It is going in my little journal for the day. The picture is so beautiful!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

2,570.2 miles in a year! Bravo.

Happy walking in the New Year and beyond.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You have some amazing number of the miles and steps for the year. The sunrise is gorgeous. Your blog and post are inspiring, looking forward to your new posts in 2020. Wishing you a happy day and weekend ahead!

o2bhiking said...

I always enjoy your blog, even as I consider whether or not to keep mine going. In any event, I won't be hiking for a while so it will be a while before I post much in it, even if I don't let it go peacefully to sleep. That is a lot of steps. In my case, I got over 5 million steps for the first time in 5 years and was happy about that - but just over 5 million, not solidly over like you did. Of that, 422 miles were hiking on trails.

Jeanette said...

Happy New Year! You really put some miles and steps on that pedometer!

William Kendall said...

A lovely shot.

Retired Knitter said...

Our New Year was like yours - quiet! A good way to greet the new year I think.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a LOT of miles! Good for you!!

That sunrise over the lake is a Calendar worthy photo!!

Adam said...

That's almost the distance coast to coast

Kerri Farley said...

WOW! That is a LOT of steps!
Happy New Year!!