Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Sunrise from the past

I left the house walking to town at 7:15 this morning.
Not dark but not quite light either.
It was 31 degrees, windy and snow flurry showers.
Sunrise 7:37

It seems that little yappy dog Ki and I are back to square one!
As I passed his house he came chasing me down the road again
barking, growling, with his hair standing up on his back.
His owners called to him but he didn't listen and followed me
a while longer and then finally ran back home.
Well at least its just a little thing and scares easily.

Continued walking to town and walked around the lower cemetery
which is right at the edge of town.
Then continued around town up and down some of the side streets
and then back home.

At one point the snow flurries turned into frozen balls of snow,
and I was covered in little white balls.
It soon stopped and was just cloudy for the rest of my walk.

 Once again it was very quiet around town and no one
was about.

Walked 6 miles

Didn't even take any pictures this morning.
Nothing caught my eye.
So here is an old picture taken
December 31, 2012 when we still lived in Howard County
and I walked around the lake at Centennial Park.
Sunrise over the lake.


Did the usual every day chores around the house in the morning.

After lunch I made a new treat.
Got the recipe from Pam, who is a friend from church who
makes baby blankets too.
She made this for our cookie exchange last month.
I brought some home for Ken and he really liked them
so got the recipe from Pam.

Worked on the puzzle 🧩, read 📖, and knitted 🧶 some more.

Ken made us nachos for supper.
Sounded like a good supper for New Years Eve.

We could have gone to church to watch a movie and then
play games afterward but we decided to spend the 
evening at home.

Happy New Year's Eve
Be safe.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰

     🎊     🎉   

Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. 
Write a good one.
 Brad Paisley

23 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a beautiful picture - age does not change beauty! Nachos sounds like a perfect New Year's Eve dinner - we are having ham - again. Charly and Josh liked it on Christmas so we bought another ham for New Year's. We will have plenty of ham leftovers and I may make ham/cheese/potato casserole which I really like. I just got home from Walmart and bought some of their deli mac and cheese and also some popcorn shrimp which Charly and Josh will enjoy. Glad you have enjoyed the final day of 2019. Happy New Year to you and Ken!

doodles n daydreams said...

Happy New Year. We went out for an early dinner with extended family and were home by 9pm. A nice evening out.
Diana

Cathy said...

I made lots of saltine cracker toffee this year. It is so good. I substituted graham crackers and it was amazing! I enjoy your blog.❤

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to You Karen and Ken.

Vee said...

Beautiful picture from 2012. That little yapper doesn’t remember you?! Hope he settles back down. I love that toffee made from saltines. So yummy. Happy New Year! Will you see the New Year in? My goal is to make 9 pm. ☺️

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy New Year Karen!

Tom said...

...Karen you can rerun pictures like this as often as you like, it's spectacular. Happy New Year.

Angie said...

Nice quote from Brad Paisley. And your sunrise is spectacular! We are also home for New Year's Eve - with a fire and a beverage of choice - what more could we want? Happy New Year to you!

Rose said...

Hapoy New Year...that is a beautiful photo from the past. I wish I had some advice about the yappy dog...is it mean it just likes to yap? I prefer big dogs, but have love some littkecones, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am glad you shared this picture. It is a beauty. Happy New Year.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Wishing you a blessed and peaceful new year!

Hill Top Post said...

Well, 2012 certainly had a beautiful ending! That was the year of the big bad drought that I will not be forgetting. It sounds as though you had a lovely New Year's Eve. I am sure you didn't mind the snow balls at all! Little Yappy just needs to mind his own business!

Granny Marigold said...

We had pouring rain all day. It may well have been the wettest day of the year. What a way to end the year. Of course we didn't even try walking.
Happy New Year to you and Ken.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Gorgeous sunrise. Sorry about that dog, the owner should tie him up.
I wish you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!

Adam said...

Happy 2020

o2bhiking said...

Happy New Year. I made meat loaf for dinner, and we will have leftovers tonight. It was a quiet evening for us.

Lisa said...

That Sunrise is breath taking!
Happy New Year
Lisa

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. Happy New Year.

Joyce F said...

That cracker recipe is super good made with butterscotch or caramel chips and also a few nuts sprinkled on top and pressed into the mix.

Happy New Year! Enjoy reading your posts from Kansas.

Retired Knitter said...

That lake is beautiful!! Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful photo from the past. I think either my DIL or her mother made some of that Saltine Cracker Toffee for Christmas. A very Happy New Year to you and yours. They should make a sign for you that says STAY CALM and WALK ON...

William Kendall said...

Happy New Year!