Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 31, 2020

Another fine day

Pretty sky this morning but it only lasted a couple of minutes.
If not for walking I'd never have seen it.

Left the house right at 7:00 and walked to town.
It was 28 degrees F, calm and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:25

Saw three deer at the start of my walk just down the road.
Once I got to town, I walked down the main road,
and as I passed the garage, I saw the man from yesterday.
Walked past the post office and passed the day care center,
then up to the cemetery around there.
Back to the main road and home again.
Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes for our anniversary. 🙂

Got my housework done in the morning and that left the
afternoon for fun.

I read, worked on the latest puzzle, and knitted.

Made Cream of Potato Soup for supper.
I made the recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup but substituted
potatoes and celery for the broccoli.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

13 comments:

Rose said...

It was worth going for that walk for that photo alone!

Tom said...

...my fine day was a bit different, but I hope that we both continue to many more.

Sue said...

Happy that you are able to walk, I haven't had a chance to walk in ten days, it is raining today, hopeful I can walk tomorrow.
I love to do puzzles, Thomas Kincaid are a favorite of mine. Thanks for visiting, have a great weekend.
Sue

Vee said...

I am up before daylight and never see such gorgeous skies! I was surprised to learn that DST returns on March 8. That is hard on you, but is so welcome for light starved me and I won’t have to worry about getting home before dark when getting treatments, etc.

Glad you had a happy day for your anniversary, but they don’t call you Happyone for nothing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Happy Anniversary. I didn't check blogs at all yesterday, but loved that partial picture of your house. Wow, looks really nice. You probably posted more pictures when I was absent from blogland. Love your sunrise photo. Glad you had a good day. Always nice to get the work done in the morning and just enjoy the afternoon. See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Another glorious sunrise and a good walk to start your day. Here it was a day of wind and heavy rain so the only walking I did was in the grocery store aisles. Hopefully February will bring nicer weather.

Adam said...

I haven't seen any deer for awhile. I think it was December when I saw them almost every morning while driving to work.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a wonderful day.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,


Beautiful sunrise, love the view of the fields and snow. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a great day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful sunrise sky.

Lowcarb team member said...

That sunrise is beautiful.

All the best Jan