Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2020

48 years

Left the house walking at 7:05 this morning.
Temperature was 23 degrees F and it was cloudy with a light breeze.
Sunrise 7:26

Walked to town again and this time the road to the cemetery up the hill
was clear so I walked up there.
The road in the center of the picture leads to the cemetery.


and here I am walking around the cemetery.


Walked around town and then around the block and headed back home.

No people out again but did see three deer.
School bus driver number 49 has started waving to me too.
Now there are 6 bus drivers who wave regularly.
Arriving home.
  Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Got the usual morning house chores done and late morning we
got in the Jeep and left the house to drive to Morgantown, WV.
Within three miles the Jeep stalled twice so we turned around
and went right to the dealer in town.
Couldn't find anything wrong at first.
Ended up being a simple thing.
When it is time for an oil change in the Jeep a sound is supposed to chime.
Never happened and that is all it was.
The oil was low and it needed to be changed.
They changed it right then and we were off a half hour later.

I walk right past the garage when I walk to town and I usually see
the manager and we say good morning.
He didn't recognize me till I told him I was the walker.
He smiled and said he didn't realize it was me because
I was dressed so different.
As we left he said, "See you in the morning."
Love living in a small town!!

When we got to Morgantown
We had a late lunch/early dinner at Outback
to celebrate our Anniversary.
Very hard to believe it was 48 years ago that we said I Do.
I feel like that should be my age instead of how long 
I've been married. 🙂
I thank God every day for Ken.
 
 ðŸ¥°     🥰

Afterward we stopped in at Michael's and I picked up
some more yarn on sale.


Went to Lowe's also to look around but didn't buy anything.

Took apart the puzzle we finished and have started another.
Rose - Going to do this puzzle NOT doing the border first. 🙂
This puzzle is only 500 pieces and seems to be pretty easy.
Should have it done in no time.


That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

This quote is out of a book I read not too long ago.
The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen
"There is more to marriage than romance."
"And this from a woman barely returned from her wedding trip. 
Poor Talbot."
She swatted his arm.
"I didn't say there was no romance, I said there was more than that.
There is making a decision to love someone no matter what.
To stand by that person and love him or her more than your own life.
To put his or her needs and well-being above your own."
"Sounds . . . terrifying."
Thora nodded slowly.
"It is.  But when the other person is doing the same,
it's something altogether . . . GOOD."

18 comments:

Tom said...

...congrats, we have 4 years on you!

Sandi said...

Happy Anniversary! 🎉

William Kendall said...

Happy anniversary!

Rose said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! we are 4 years behind you! Have fun with the puzzle...

Vee said...

And that is the secret...each giving more than his/her 50%...more like each giving 100%. Happiest of Anniversaries to you both! Keep right on celebrating.

Looks cold in your corner. It’s become a little brisk in mine as well.

Hill Top Post said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the quote, especially the last line, "When the other is doing the same....Good!" Well, one thing's sure, the old shade tree mechanic is a thing of the past.

The Furry Gnome said...

Congratulations! We'll get there this summer!

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the quote!

ellen b. said...

Congratulations and a very Happy Anniversary to you two! 48 is something to celebrate.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Sure glad the little problem with the Jeep was easily remedied.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations and many happy returns.

God bless you both.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary, love the quote and photos. I am glad the Jeep is OK.
Have a great day and happy weekend!

Jeanette said...

Happy Anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate 43 years in March. Like you, I feel like that should be my age not years married! Have a good weekend.

Sue said...

Congratulations on yours and Ken's 48th wedding anniversary., Karen, that is so awesome, loved the photos,a beautiful view of your place, it must be so rewarding to look back and see all that you and Ken have accomplished!
Have a blessed weekend, I love reading about your daily life.
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

Congrats, that's much longer than I've even been alive.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Anniversary , even though I may be a day late.

Retired Knitter said...

Happy Anniversary. We celebrate 51 this coming June! Big number.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Anniversary Wishes to you both …

All the best Jan