Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 01, 2020

Collage

Just discovered that my phone can make collages
and figured out how to do it today! 
Here's one of my foggy walk this morning.


Left the house at 7:00 and walked to town.
It was 33 degrees.
Though nothing was falling from the sky the air was saturated 
and my sweatshirt was quite damp by the time I got home.
Sunrise 7:24

Today just saw one deer and again it was just down the road from home.
Ken passed me in the Jeep after I'd walked a mile or so 
on his way out this morning.

Didn't walk through town, but just walked around both
of the cemeteries before heading back home.

Found another glove and also put this one on a post along the road.
Maybe this yellow one will be seen and picked up.
 The other glove I put on a post back in November is just up ahead
on the next post.  Can't tell from the picture but it's there.
Just looks like the top of the post is black.


Walked 6 miles

🌫     ☁️     🌧

Finished the puzzle.
This was only 500 pieces so it went together fast.
It was an easy and fun puzzle to do and we liked not doing the border first.


Just puttering about the house today.

This is the scarf I am knitting for my friend Trish.
The yarn fits perfectly in this little basket as I'm knitting.
Planning on using the whole skein.
Trish if you're reading this and don't like the colors let me know
and I'll make you a different one.


Hope you all enjoyed your day.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by.
happyone   🥰

A while ago I copied this from blogger friend Lisa's blog.
It's so true.

The friends I have never met.
My friends on-line

It's strange to have a friend that you
have never hugged, shook their hand
or looked into their eyes.

But you have been touched by their soul,
seen the good in their hearts and felt the
warmth of their being.

The friends I have never met are not my
friends untouched, for I have felt them
with me when I needed them.  I have
confided in them and they are some of
the kindest people I have every known.

My Friends, never forget just
how special you are to me.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...those foggy images are delightful.

ellen b. said...

Fun discovery of being able to make collages with your phone. Beautiful scarf!
Amen to that poem!

Sandi said...

"Though nothing was falling from the sky..."

The way you said this made me laugh! 😂

That is so true about online friends.

Susie said...

I like what Lisa said about friends on line. I feel very close to my blog family. They have helped me so much. With good wishes and prayers. You have made me smile today seeing the gloves you have put up on posts. You'd think everyone in town would have seen then. LOL. Love the scarf colors. Stay safe out walking. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that poem you shared. It is so true that internet friends are as dear as those who may live next door.

Hill Top Post said...

You are so technically smart! I am still struggling with getting photos from my iPhone to my pc. You have already made great progress on Trish's scarf. I am sure it won't take you long to empty the basket of yarn. I love the color!

Vee said...

I just asked my phone how to make a collage. 🤣 It’s a stupid phone so won’t tell me.

There’ll be a lot of folks wondering about those gloves. Sort of cheery sitting there on the posts waving at everyone.

I don’t think that I have ever put a puzzle together without first doing the border, I should step outta the box!

Your closing thoughts are very nice and I think most bloggers feel that way. I am further blessed to have hugged you and looked into your eyes.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - such a lovely post - especially that poem at the end. You have sure blessed my life over the past ten years of so that we have been reading each other's blogs. I love the picture collage of your walk. I have an app on my phone that will make collages too. I like the puzzle too. In answer to your question about the cost of the blog book, it a bit pricey. My most recent blog book cost about $112. Sometimes the company will send me coupons for money off. I plan to get the last two years I am missing printed in books sometimes this year. Charly really likes having the books as a permanent record of our family history. Have a good weekend and I will see you again soon.

Linda said...

A really nice post. I used to walk to work but lately I haven't done any morning walks. You make it sound desirable.

doodles n daydreams said...

Your collage is wonderful, lovely winter scenes.
Dina

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Just had a brilliant idea for you to try. Why not buy a lot of gloves, (second-hand old ones, cheap ones, if you can), and place them on all posts along the road. That would really confuse people. Do it at night so no one sees you. What do you think?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is cool that your phone can make collages. I love the poem and the scarf yarn is a pretty color. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead.

Adam said...

Nice puzzle.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love the collage...and thank you so much for leaving them big enough to get a great view when expanded.

I wondered if you would enjoy working a puzzle without the border first. I am glad you did.

Do the deer still come to your yard at home? I wondered if they still got under the bridge.

I LOVE that poem...

Jeanette said...

Love the collage! I need to figure out how to do one on my phone! One time I was walking past a church that had a bunch of crosses on the lawn in memory of babies who were aborted and ironically there was a toddler shoe laying on the sidewalk in front of it. I picked it up and hung it on one of the crosses. It stayed there for weeks until they took the display down. I think they left it on purpose just because it seemed so appropriate.

Sue said...

Such an awesome uplifting post, Karen, I love the idea of the basket holding the yarn, I bet it makes it so easy to leave and come back to.
Beautiful colors too!
I indeed remember the first glove you found , I like that this one seems to be waving at everyone.

And those words from Lisa are so true, I feel the same.
Blessings,
Sue

William Kendall said...

The cemetery in the fog is quite a sight to see.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the collage photographs.
Great words in the poem, thanks for sharing them here.

All the best Jan