Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Walking Outside


Left the house for my walk at 7:10 this morning.
It was 24 degrees with a slight breeze and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:27

A bit icy on the roads near my house
as I walked to town.


Too icy to walk on the side streets in town so stayed on the sidewalk. 
 Went up one side and down the other before heading back home.
The side walks aren't shoveled but when the snow plow
 spreads the grit on the road through town it ends up the sidewalks too.

 On the way home the sun came out and the snow plow had spread grit.




Walked up the lane and it was so pretty with the sun shining on
the frosted trees.


Didn't see any people out walking.

A cardinal flew past and I counted 12 deer around.
Saw raccoon, rabbit, and some tiny tracts of some animal in the snow.

When I looked out the window this morning when I got up almost
decided to walk inside. Sure glad I went outside instead.
It ended up being a beautiful morning.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🌤     ☁️

It was so nice and sunny that I decided to hang the sheets outside
on the line to dry.
 Wouldn't you know that as soon as I got them up hung up
it turned cloudy.
But there was a slight breeze and even with it only being 28 degrees
they did dry!

Worked some more in the pantry getting things organized 
and into the new containers.
It's a job that I'm enjoying.

Got a little reading done this afternoon.

That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

13 comments:

Vee said...

That black ice looks treacherous. Good thing there's not much traffic as I often don't worry so much about me as "the other guy." It was pretty chilly this morning when I went for my echocardiogram. Locked my keys in the car? Brilliant, I am not.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots, especially the first.

Sandi said...

It looks so peaceful.

Rose said...

You sure have beauty to enjoy when you walk outside. You saw a lot of animals I think. For a while we had a ton of rabbits around, and then for the past few years we hardly see any.

Tom said...

...number three with the shadows is fabulous!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sunshine just makes any scene more beautiful .

Hill Top Post said...

I just can't decide on a favorite picture today... all are winners, I think! I enjoy cleaning and organizing too. I also need some containers for my pantry, but haven't found exactly what I am looking for. Now that confectioners sugar no longer comes in a box, I need a container for it and a few other things, as well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I hope you will share a picture of your nice, organized pantry when you are finished! I need some inspiration to reorganize mine. All of your pictures from this morning are beautiful! See you again soon.

Adam said...

I haven't seen a cardinal in awhile.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think I have said this before, you have beautiful scenery while you are walking. Loved all the photos. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

No cardinals in the UK. Only bishops ... and they walk sideways rather than straight ahead.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

Wow...drying clothes in 28 degree weather. Glad they dried. Glad you had a good outdoor walk. Seeing a cardinal must have been a treat, too.

Connie said...

I do worry about you slipping on those icy roads when you are out walking. At least you have your phone with you in case you need help.
I love hanging my sheets outside to dry, but I wait for warmer weather. I remember the days when I had to hang clothes outside in the winter and how my fingers would freeze.
Do be careful.
Connie :)