Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 30, 2019

Rain and Sun

Another drive into town and started walking at 6:50.
It was a very warm 50 degrees,
but lots of rain and very windy.
Sunrise 7:37

Had all my rain gear on today,
pants, yellow slicker, water proof walking shoes,
and an umbrella.

Walked through town and realized my umbrella was useless
with all the wind so walked back to the Jeep and left it there.

Continued through town again, and up and down all the streets.
Around the ball park loop and both cemeteries.
It was really windy around the cemetery on the hill because
it is so out in the open. 

The town put Christmas wreaths on all the graves of all the veterans.

 The rain came and went in spurts and at times it stopped completely.
Here the clouds started breaking up and a bit of sun appeared for
about a minute and then started raining again.


Didn't see any one else out walking.
Very quiet around town.
It rained on the drive home but later in the morning
the sun came out though it stayed windy.

Walked 6 miles

🌧     🌧     🌤

While walking I had a yen for French toast
so that's what I made us for breakfast.
Ken always waits for me to get home to eat breakfast with me.

Got all the Christmas decorations down and put away this morning.
Nice to have the house back to normal.

Finished reading Caroline, Little House Revisited.
Rose - didn't like it as much as you.
I was a bit disappointed in it.
Maybe it was because I recently read the books and just
finished the TV series.
It just seemed more of the same!!

 Worked on the latest puzzle a little.
It is slow going!!

Taking a bit of a break from making squares since I already
have January's Baby Blanket done and did a little knitting.


That's been my day.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

A laugh is a smile that bursts.
Mary H Waldrip

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you saw the sun, we just received buckets of rain! Perhaps tomorrow will be our sunny day!

William Kendall said...

That last shot is quite dramatic.

Ruth Hiebert said...

My Christmas decorations are all put away as well. I love them in November and up until Christmas, but then I'm ready to get back to normal.

Henny Penny said...

We've had unusually warm weather the last few days. Got up to 75 today and was windy. Strange weather. You sure get a lot done every day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am putting Christmas stuff away today too. Took a little break to read blogs, but I'd better get back to it. Big job. Not as much fun as getting them all out. Have a good one and see you tomorrow!

Rose said...

You're a dedicated walker! Though I used to love to walk about better than anything...I never do want to fool with an umbrella. I hate that you were disappointed in the book...it was just the quiet read that I needed. But it won't be one that I will ever want to read again.

It was chilly here this day...I am hoping for one more warm day. LOL

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is such a disappointment when we have to take down the Christmas decorations. We don't do that any more. We just move house instead.

Happy New Year. God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is really nice to see all the wreaths on the veterans graves. Since we were away I did not even put up any decorations. I would love some more sunny warm days for walking. I wish you and your family all the best in 2020, a Happy & Healthy New Year!

Vee said...

How nice that the town had wreaths placed in all the veterans’ graves. It is a lovely gesture.

Enjoy your normal home! 🙂

Adam said...

We did flags once for Veterans day in a JROTC project. Boy was it labor to find all the graves and that was just ONE graveyard of many.

Hill Top Post said...

That's a beautiful shot of the lake! I love rainy day pictures. When I have to put on so many layers, it seems to take forever to get ready to go. Millie gets impatient. She has a lovely coat that she wears all the time. I want one like hers! :~)

o2bhiking said...

In my experience, no matter what you do, when it's raining and you are walking, you're going to get wet one way or another. When I backpack, I always try to have one set of clothing - usually what I sleep in - that stays dry so I can be dry at some point. But it sounds like you stayed comfortable in the rain. French toast is one of my wife's favorite breakfasts, and that is what I am making today for the New Year. Until she has her surgery and gets back on her feet, at least a couple of months, I am the chief cook and bottle-washer.

ellen b. said...

It's always good to get a sun break here and there. Umbrellas are not a good choice in the wind for sure. French toast is a good choice for breakfast!