Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 04, 2019

Walking in the light

Light enough to walk at 6:30 this morning so left the Jeep
at home and walked to town.
It was 32 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze.
Sunrise 6:49

So nice having it light when I leave so I can walk to town.
It will be dark again before too long but I'll enjoy these
light mornings while they last.


Saw 4 deer down my road.
Once I got to town I turned right and walk the back road
which runs along the main one.
Passed the old house and then make a loop around the ball park.
Over to the post office to drop some mail down the slot.

As I was walking past the day care center a couple of chickens
came out of the yard and started following me.



After taking some pictures I shooed them back in the yard and 
continued on my way.

Lisa was out running.
Don't know why but I don't think there was any school today.
Didn't see any school buses.

A couple of pictures walking back home.



Can you spot the deer?
She looked up as I passed and took her picture
then went back to eating.


Walked 6.2 miles

🌤     🌤     🌤

Got a load of laundry done and hung up outside
before we drove down to LaVale .
Went to the big shoe store there looking for a pair of
shoes to wear with skirts and dresses but didn't find anything I liked.

Did shopping at the Walmart down there this week.

🌤

Saw a buck out back walking around and then a doe came along
and when she spotted the buck took off running with him
right behind.
 Look forward to spring so see some more fawns out back.

Read a little this afternoon.
Decided this Monday to go down to Brenda's for some half price pizza.
On the way stopped at the library to drop off a couple of books
and pick up another one that I had on reserve.

It's been a nice sunny day.
That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

Happiness held is the seed;
happiness shared is the flower.
unknown

20 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, your photos are lovely as always! You are a blessed to see so much wildlife. Too bad you didn’t find any shoes for your skirts and dresses.
Enjoy your week!

Rose said...

I love those views down the road...yes, I spotted the deer right away. But it sure blends in and I wonder if I would have spotted it if you had not mentioned it. Nice of those chickens to pose for you!

Tom said...

...we have had several serious accidents here when walkers were hit by drivers. Walking when it's isn't light isn't for me.

NanaDiana said...

Sounds like you had a HAPPY busy day! I always feel like I am right along on your walk with you. xo Diana

Happy@Home said...

That's cute how the chickens started following you. Probably could sense what a kind person you are.
I can imagine it is nice to have light in the morning on your walks.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It was a nice treat this morning to have more daylight. I could actually see clearly as I checked the bus and prepared for the day.

Hill Top Post said...

I love this time of year when we get back to standard time. It looks like you had a beautiful day there, just as we did here. You surely do meet some interesting critters along the way. Better chickens than bears!

Vee said...

I always think of you, Karen, when we return to standard time. I am glad that it is light enough for you to walk to town at the hour you prefer. The doe doesn’t sound as if she was in the mood for any fawns next spring. It took me awhile to find the doe...looking at the wrong picture. She was very well camouflaged.

Granny Marigold said...

I had to enlarge the picture in order to see the doe.
I like the clouds in the first photo. So pretty.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Good to hear you are keeping up your walking regime with very nice photos as you travel along- love the chooks.

Henny Penny said...

I say this often, but your pictures are beautiful. You live in such a beautiful spot. Yes I found the deer. It was kinda hard to spot. At first those white clouds and your title made me think you were walking in snow.

Connie said...

The clouds in that first photo look so awesome. Our Lord sure knows how to paint a beautiful picture. As for the deer, if you wouldn't have said anything, I'm not sure that I would have seen it; they certain have a way of blending with their surroundings.

Michelle said...

The light was nice to have this morning. But it did make me feel like I was late! lol

Bill said...

Nice photos! the area is so beautiful to see early in the morning. I laughed when you mentioned that the chickens began following you after taking their photos.
Another day's journey, enjoy!

Pom Pom said...

It IS wonderful to walk in the LIGHT. I hope you're having a lovely week, Karen.

Adam said...

Nice chickens

William Kendall said...

Beautiful skies!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Such pretty pictures! I really like the title to your post today. I think of it in the literal and symbolic sense. Have a wonderful day!

ellen b. said...

It's good to "walk in the light". :)

Debby Ray said...

That sky!!