Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 02, 2019

A nice crisp walk

A drive to town this morning and started walking at 6:45.
It was a clear morning and 25 degrees and calm.
I was toasty warm in all my layers
but it sure felt good to have the sun shinning on 
my face once it came over the mountain.
 Sunrise 7:47


Had the usual walk all over town under the street lights, 
up and down the streets,
around the ball park loop and the lower cemetery.


A man was sitting in front of the bakery waiting for it to open.
(opens at 7:00)
Ruth Ann was out walking her two dogs.
George was going to the bank.
Ken passed me driving through town on his way 
to the Men's Prayer breakfast.  He stopped to say hi. 🙂 

Saw a few deer, a rabbit run across the street in the middle of town,
and smelled another skunk.

Walked 6 miles


☀️     🎈     ☀️

This morning I frosted those 6 dozen cupcakes I made yesterday.
That takes a lot longer than you'd think.

I had a pleasant afternoon sitting in living room chair
in the sunshine, reading, making weave-it squares,
and doing a crossword puzzle.

Supper tonight was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
It really hit the spot.

That's all for this post.
Thanks for visiting!
Hope your day was a good one.
 happyone  🥰

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result
of getting something we don't have,
but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
Frederick Keonig

Comment Replies:
Jeannnette - No, I don 't have a treadmill.  Had one at one time but I didn't like it AT ALL.  I walk laps in the basement.  My husband had a huge HO Scale Train Layout down there and he built it in the middle so I could walk laps around it!!

14 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, Jack Frost did a beautiful job painting the landscape. I'm still waiting to see a morning like this here...GORGEOUS!

Rose said...

A chilly start to your day! It was chilly here this morning, too. I sort of dread the real cold weather, yet, at least with it I don't feel guilt if I am sitting and sewing. And I don't feel pulled to go outside.

Beautiful frosty shots.

ellen b. said...

A lovely frosty morning! That's a lot of cupcakes to frost and I am not surprised it takes a while...

Vee said...

You were out on a frosty morning! I noticed very light frost this morning here, but not like yours. That stuff is slippery as you well know. Do you pipe the cupcakes? That uses more frosting, but goes faster, if perfection is not the goal.The kiddos at your church are blessed!

Granny Marigold said...

Leaves all frosty look so lovely.
Your sunrise was at 7:47 and ours was exactly 8 o'clock but tomorrow it will be 7 with the time change.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Wow- that sure is a super frost- lovely photos. Can imagine what your six dozen cakes look like- sounds scrumptious. Rain here this afternoon- started around 4:00pm with a torrential downpour- it is now near 10:00pm and still the rain is steadily falling- hope our drought stricken friends to the North are getting the rain too.

Adam said...

I've used my heater lately, that's for sure.

Happy@Home said...

It is looking frosty on your walk. We have had light frosts the past two mornings. It gives a fresh perspective to the landscape.
Great quote today!

William Kendall said...

Quite a frost!

Bill said...

The frost adds its beauty to the landscape. Beautiful captures!
Enjoy your day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the look of those frosty leaves.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your frosty photographs :)

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Looks like you had lots of company on your walk this morning! The other house I used to live in had a circle between the kitchen, hallway, living room that I used to walk when I needed to reach my step goal for the day. I have a treadmill now. It's not too bad as long as I have something good to watch on my tablet.

Debby Ray said...

Love all of your frosty photos. It looks a lot like it does around here. I love the fall!