Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 05, 2019

This and That

Left at 6:30 this morning and walked to town.
41 degrees, calm and mostly cloudy but did see the sun later on.
Sunrise 7:50

This is what the sky looked like 5 minutes after I left the house.
Couldn't decide which picture to post so here are both of them.
Everything had an orange glow to it and I was even wearing a
bright orange hoodie.



 Saw 5 deer on the way to town.

The cemeteries are right at the edge of town and I walked around 
the lower one.


Then back to the main road and through town over to the ball
park and walked around the loop there.
 Then headed back towards home.

Found out there was no school yesterday because it was a
teacher work day.
All the buses back today.

When school first started and I was walking home, I stopped
to talk to a little boy waiting for the school bus.
Saw him again today and we had a little chat.
He told me he doesn't like school any better now 
than at the beginning of the year!
He's a very polite little boy and wished me a good day again
as I continued home.
Saw another deer.

Walked 6.2 miles

๐Ÿ     ☁️     ๐ŸŒค

When I walked in the house I smelled something good.
Ken was just taking cinnamon rolls out of the oven for our breakfast.
That sure was a nice surprise.

It was Ken's birthday a couple of days ago and I usually
bake him a cheese cake but this year he said he didn't want a cake
so I didn't bake one.
Well he missed having it after all so I baked him one this morning. ๐Ÿ™‚
You can find the recipe HERE.

A wind kicked up and I had to go outside a couple of times
to untangle the clothes on the line.

Our neighbor Ron stopped by again and gave us the last
of his tomatoes.
He has kept us supplied with tomatoes this year.

I just have 6 more weave-it squares to complete the baby blanket
I'm working on.  Should finish them tonight and
 start sewing them together.

That's about it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Happiness is not a goal;
it is a by-product.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment Replies:
Kev - I had no idea what 'chooks' were until I looked it up and found out they are chickens. ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ™‚

16 comments:

Tom said...

...wowzer, what a way to get yourself off to a great start!!!

Rose said...

Glad you posted both photos...they are both blogworthy! They are beautiful.

My birthday was a couple days ago, too.

Vee said...

What amazing, vivid skies! It might be worth taking a walk east at that hour of the morning. Well I am certainly glad that Ken is back in his right mind...he didn’t want cake this year...gheesh! ๐Ÿคฃ

Granny Marigold said...

Another splendid sunrise!! I think this one might be the best one yet.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunrise is unbelievable. It looks like fire in the sky.

Angie said...

Well, if there was ever a reason to get out of bed, it would be that sunrise! What a blessing!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That is a stunning Sunrise photo for sure- well done. Pleased you have found out what 'Chooks' are...I think the Hens in your photo look like 'Road Island Reds'- just a guess. Best Wishes. KEV.

Anonymous said...

I would love for you to check out my blogs, you are so insightful

https://olgamolga.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-first-day-on-my-pursuit-to-find.html

Susie said...

I love that you spoke with a youngster on your walk. Sad about not liking school. Hope it gets better for him. Show us your blanket when you are finished. We all love seeing the crafts of others. Happy birthday to Ken. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Clothes dry in a hurry with the wind! I love your sky photos...gorgeous! Enjoy your day today!

Michelle said...

What a sunrise! I enjoy seeing deer and we are getting more showing up on our farm.

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful morning sky to walk under!

Bill said...

The sky is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful greeting to a new day.
Great photos and a nice quote too.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies!

Adam said...

Pretty sky colors

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies. Now that was a sweet surprise to come home to cinnamon rolls. Also nice to have a good supply of tomatoes from your neighbor. Happy belated birthday to your hubby!