Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 22, 2019

Walking in the Rain

Wasn't light enough till 7:00 to start walking.
It was 47 degrees, raining and windy.
Sunrise 7:09

It never did get any lighter out while walking than it was at
7:00 when I started.
Too windy to take the umbrella but I did wear my rain
paints and yellow slicker.
After about 3 miles the rain has a tendency to run off my hood, 
down my neck and it finds its way inside my rain slicker 
and gets my shirt wet
so I was a bit wet when I finally got back home.

Walked to town and around the side streets to make a big
block to walk around.
Made a loop around the the ball park loop too
before heading back home.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.


Walk was a bit short at 5.7 miles.

๐ŸŒง     ๐ŸŒง     ๐ŸŒง

Ken didn't go to meet Edd for breakfast this Friday.
I made us blueberry pancakes.

Baked another batch of chocolate chippers for the Sunday
school kids and now have enough.  

The rain stopped lunch time and we went to the quarry
and got a trailer load of gravel.
Number 57 this time to put over the size 2 we already put down.
Left it in the trailer though and plan to empty it tomorrow.
Went today because the quarry is closed tomorrow.

Finished reading
Careful What You Wish For by Hallie Ephron
this afternoon. 
Thought it was very good.
Emily is a professional organizer helping people declutter. 
This time she may have found too big of a mess for
her to clean up.

I get to start another library book this evening.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

The true secret of happiness
lies in the taking a genuine interest
in all the details of daily life.
William Morris
1887

Comment Replies:
HillTop - The pedometer I use and have for years is a Striiv Smart.

Vee - The finished boxed up Romans books are shipped to missionaries and they give them out.  The ones we did this years are in Spanish and some went to Mexico and others went to South America.

GrannyM - The aisles around the train layout where I walk are clear and there is nothing to trip on.  You'd be fine walking around it.  ๐Ÿ™‚

SusanQ - About 2000 steps make a mile.  I have no idea how many laps I walk in the basement to make 6 miles and don't think I want to know!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I admire your ability to continue walking in the rain. Been rainy here this week and I have been inside!

Rose said...

You probably have a different thought when you hear the line 'and miles to go before I sleep'...not sure I would like walking in the rain now. Because it is a bit cool...but whether you enjoy it or not, doesn't it make coming in to a warm house such a joy?

Cathy said...

Walking in the rain is so refreshing.

ellen b. said...

So...do you take a hot shower after coming home from a rainy walk?

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is a special beauty about those rainy photos. I am pretty sure I would have stayed indoors.Guess I'm becoming a complete wimp.

Vee said...

The second paragraph made me shudder. Sounds so cold.

It was a good day for pancakes and a great day for cookies. ๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

Tom said...

...today was one of those wet and cold hyperthermia days here!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm amazed at how fast you read!!

Hill Top Post said...

Your rainy day pictures are just lovely, even that "old highway that goes on forever." I'll bet the time passes much faster out in the countryside than it does in the basement. I have gotten totally drenched a couple of times when I was out walking. It was such a miserable feeling, but I was more concerned for my dog than I was for myself.

doodles n daydreams said...

It was trying to rain as I went out this afternoon but came to nothing, thankfully. I saw rabbits out in the paddocks today and yesterday, a real pest to farmers.
Have a nice week,
Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Walking in the rain ... singing in the rain ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your views are pretty, even with the rain.. We had some much needed rain yesterday morning. Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

Bill said...

Nice wet autumn views. Not many people would enjoy walking in the rain. It makes me walk faster. :)
Have a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

Moody shots. You can't go wrong with blueberry pancakes.

Adam said...

pancakes are always good