Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wednedsay

I've been leaving the house to walk at 6:45 
but this morning at that time it looked liked the middle
of the night yet.
It was 31 degrees with a foggy misty cold rain.
Didn't seem like very good weather for walking so I headed
down to the basement for my walk.
Walked 3 miles first thing.

After getting a load of wash on the drying rack
and doing a few morning chores
I baked some Chocolate Chippers.
December 1 is my turn for bringing the snack for the
Sunday school kids so the first batch is done and in the freezer.
I'll bake another batch another day.
While the cookies were baking I'd walk loops around the house
and walked another 1 1/2 miles then.

Later in the day I walked the last 1 1/2 miles in the basement.

We went and got one more load of the gravel for the base
of the Ken's Work Shop.
That is the last of the number 2 stone.
Have to get a load of smaller gravel yet to put over it
and that will be the end of the gravel.

It's been another one of those dreary dark days when the
sun doesn't shine.

This afternoon I spent puttering about the house.
Good afternoon to get some reading done too.

It's a rare blog post when I have no pictures to post!!

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed.
Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute
with love, grace and gratitude.
Denis Waitley

15 comments:

Tom said...

...today was one of those days weather wise that staying in bed and pulling the cover up seemed like a good idea.

Vee said...

Oh no! Lost the comment. So not fun. I was yabbering on that your new basement must be better for walking since you don’t seem to mind it much. I know that you’ll be glad to see the sun again and so will I! ☀️

William Kendall said...

And we've still got a month to go before the longest night of the year.

Rose said...

It was another dreary day here, too, and supposed to rain tomorrow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Dark dreary days just don't lend themselves to pictures.

NanaDiana said...

I am so proud of you for continuing to walk even when the situation is not the best. You are an inspiration to all of us. With working I sit all day and work from early to late---I know I need to get some walking in! xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

We get up and it's pitch dark. By suppertime it's as dark as night. And to think we'll keep getting less and less daylight for another month. Yikes! At least it was okay weather for walking here. Still some leaves clinging to the trees. Rain is forecast for the weekend and I wonder if that will see the end of the leaves. I hope you can walk outside again tomorrow.

Angie said...

Good for you to get in your miles despite the weather … We had a lovely sunny day today, our reward for 24 hours of rain the day before! A chocolate chip cookie goes a long way to banishing November gloom! Enjoy your weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wow ... your basement is 3 miles long?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The weather people were off with their prediction, the sun did come but only a a few minutes here. I have been thinking about making choc chip cookies, yum. I have been enjoying your happy quotes! Wishing you a happy day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Bill said...

Your weather sounds like ours, rain and wind here. Hopefully it will improve this weekend. Nothing seems to stop you from getting the miles in, that is wonderful and very consistent. Nice work!

Sandi said...

Love, grace, and gratitude. Amen!

"This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24"

Also, amen! :-)

ellen b. said...

Regardless of the weather the two of you get a lot done in a day...

Adam said...

Doesn't sound like good walking weather, you're right.