Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Mushrooms

Drove to town and started walking at 6:40.
Was surprised that it was 50 degrees!
A cloudy morning and calm.
Sunrise 7:43

A random walk all over town.
Dropped a couple books down the book drop at the library.
Walked through town and around the industrial park.
Then back to town and around the ball park loop.
From there went over to the lower cemetery.


Walked around there a couple of times.



Spotted these mushrooms along the way.


Can't remember ever seeing mushrooms like these before.


All too soon it was time to get back to the Jeep
and drive home.
Walked 6 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ„     ☁️

We drove down to town and went to the library
and browsed around a while.
I checked out book number 2 of the series I'm reading.
The Ladies of Ivy Cottage
plus two others.


 While we were out we went to Burger King in McHenry
and had Spicy Chicken Sandwiches for lunch

When we got back I was going to continue with house cleaning
but read instead!!

Watched a couple of deer as they walked around outside.
Went from the back around the side and then back in the woods.
Took this picture out of my CLEAN window. ๐Ÿ™‚



That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Indeed, man wishes to be happy 
even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.
St. Augustine

16 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That mushroom looks like you cut out a perfect triangular piece!
I think I've read that Louise Penny book. After a while I can't remember which I have and which I haven't read. I am keeping track now of the titles and that will help.

Hill Top Post said...

I do believe your pictures just keep getting better! I especially like the mushroom pics.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good day …
I think it's been a good year for mushrooms / fungi … many varieties around.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

The first mushroom looks like a filleted golf ball. ๐Ÿ™‚ You have joined some of my Instagram friends who are sharing mushroom pics these days. Autumn must be the season for seeing some interesting ones.

As for reading or cleaning house, I think you chose wisely.

Rose said...

Wow, your shot through the window is great...I hope they always come to visit. The deer I mean. I love seeing mushrooms...there are so many varieties.

Tom said...

...I've seen a lot of the brownish-black mushroom this fall. It pays to have clean windows!

William Kendall said...

I like the sight of that deer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can imagine the sound of walking through these fallen leaves. I love that sound.

ellen b. said...

We had loads of mushrooms and now since we have our freezing temps they are all black and yucky. That is one clean window for sure!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty yellow trees, the mushrooms are non-existing here. It has been too dry. Love the cute deer. Louise Penny is one of my favorite author, I have read the whole series. Happy Halloween. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We need to think about that last quote and see what we need to change! There's always room for improvement! Love the mushrooms and I see another L. Penny book! I love those! Enjoy your afternoon!

Henny Penny said...

I love those gold leaves. Ours aren't quite that pretty when they hit the ground. The picture of the deer looks like a greeting card...one "Leaning Tree" might use.

Adam said...

We went to the library yesterday, I wish I had the time to sit down and read while I was there.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photo of the deer. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

Bill said...

Incredible shot of the deer through your nice and clean window.

Aritha V. said...

I don't know the names. The first mushroom can be an Agaricus bernardii. But it's not sure. I like them.