Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Cleaning windows

Drove to town and started walking at 6:40.
44 degrees and clear.
When I left the house it felt like it was in the middle
of the night.
I looked up and saw millions of stars.  Beautiful.
Sunrise 7:42

Must have seen a dozen deer down my road
on the way to town.

Walked all over town, up and down all the streets.
Stopped back at the Jeep to take off a layer of clothes.

Stopped at the post office to drop some mail down the slot.

Continued on to the lower cemetery and walked around there.
Then up to the cemetery on the hill.
Walked around there a couple of times and then
went down to see the bulls.
They were busy eating but did look up to have their picture taken.
The sun was just popping over the mountain at 8:05 as I started walking
down from the cemetery back to the Jeep.

A few seconds later I was walking in sunshine.


Walked 6 miles

🍁     🌤     🍂

More laundry washed this morning and hung out on the line.
Finished up a few household chores and then we left to
do a few errands.
Dropped off some stuff at the refuse center,
then stopped in at
Lowe's and then to Walmart.

This afternoon I washed more windows.
The bedroom this time.
Ended up doing the garage door windows too.

Some of you mentioned that you don't like to do windows.
I used to be like that too, but I really don't mind that job now.
What used to turn me off of the job was that I just couldn't get
the windows washed good enough.
No matter how I tried I just couldn't get them streak free.
I tried all kinds of products and some worked okay but
were never perfect.
I've discovered that you don't have to use any product at all.
This is how I wash windows.
Wipe window with a WET paper towel.
Then go over window with a micro fiber cloth.
It gets damp so then I use a third cloth to dry completely.
The windows come out sparkly clean.

 Had time to get some reading done this afternoon
and tonight I'll probably finish the book.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone 🥰

Isn't this a sad quote.

What a wonderful life I've had!
I only wish I'd realized it sooner.
Colette

15 comments:

Tom said...

...man oh man, are you tall or what!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours!

Vee said...

The autumn colors there are just gorgeous ...so much variety! You are crushing the window washing chore. ☺ You must be nearly done. Yes, that is a sad quote, but better to realize it eventually than never to know it at all.

Rose said...

Oh, my that is such a sad quote...

I love how tall you are...bet it is hard to find jeans to fit! LOL I so love that shot....

RE the 29 speed limit signs...yep, that is what it is. I have heard no reliable reason for it. One was something do with the city retains all the money from speeding tickets. I am not sure it is true.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that super colourful tree.The warm sunlight just makes it glow.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Beautiful Photos Karen- you've a good eye for picture taking.

Hill Top Post said...

It amazes me that you get out before daylight, and before breakfast, to walk six miles, or more! Wow! I will try your window washing method.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a beautiful orange tree.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

To me washing windows is one chore I don't mind doing. It's lots of work but look so nice afterwards! In our new place the windows tip in so they are much easier to wash compared to the casement windows in our old house. I use vinegar and water with a wet rag and then dry with a lint-free towel.

Pom Pom said...

I think you're right about windows!

Leslie said...

such a beautiful 6 miles! I was doing windows today also. I had switch the screens for storm windows on the sun porch. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so big and heavy.

Bill said...

The bulls know when there is a photo shoot, they recognized you and posed occordingly. Beautiful tree colours in the final photo.
Enjoy your day.

Adam said...

I haven't washed any of my windows, oops.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful photographs, and thanks for the washing windows tip :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Lovely autumn photos.
That's a great tip about washing windows.