Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Bird Bath

Drove the Jeep to town and was walking at 6:30.
It was breezy and pretty warm at 54 degrees.
Sunrise 7:35
Driving to town I saw 7 deer just down the road from my house.
Didn't see any sun on this walk.
Dark for the first hour till sunrise and then cloudy.
A light rain shower lasted for about a half mile 3 miles into my walk.
I had brought my umbrella but left it in the car and when it rained
I was walking around the ball park,
so a lot of good it did me sitting in the car.
Stayed walking where the street lights were till it
was light and then walked all over town.
Made a stop at the library to drop off a book down the slot
and also went to the post office and dropped mail down the
slot there.
Walked around the cemetery at the top of the hill a few times.


Didn't see anyone else out 
but it was so dark maybe I just didn't see them. 🙂

Walked 6 miles
The golf ball is still there!
☁️     🌧     🍁

No work outside this morning in the rain so we
drove down to Walmart and did a bit of shopping.

Didn't need much food but I picked up a few more skeins of yarn
for the baby blankets.
Our Walmart yarn section is shrinking fast.
There is hardly any yarn at all.
Guess they will eventually do away with it altogether.

Also got a couple more pairs of jeans.

The other day Ken leveled a tree stump of a tree
he cut down last week.
I found this really neat stone that we put on top of the stump.
When water is in it,
don't you think it will make a perfect little bird bath?


 Enjoying the library book I started last night
and read some more of it this afternoon.

It's been a rainy day but just a drizzly kind of day.
We were hoping we'd get a bit more rain so we could see some
water in the drainage brook.

Well, that's about it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

I don't think you can feel a sense of entitlement and still be happy.
Happiness always comes from feeling that you have been blessed.
~ Robert Brault


Comment Replies:
Kerri - No, haven't read any of Charles Todd's books.  Thanks for the recommendation.
I've reserved the first one, A Test of Wills at the library.  Wow, there are 21 books so far in the series.  That should keep me busy reading!!

DebbieH - Nice that you have Fiestaware that has been in your family.  I've collected the 6 original colors for many years and use them as my everyday dishes.

16 comments:

Tom said...

...there was no need for a bird bath here today, they all got a shower!

Vee said...

Those combinations of red and gold are so pleasing to me...I featured one today as well. Yes, that rock will make a nice little bird bath. Hope that you get a little more rain so you can see how the ditch works.

William Kendall said...

Lovely fall colours!

Happy@Home said...

Oh yes, that will make a great bird bath. We had plenty of rain here today. After a long period of no rain it is wonderful to see. Where will you buy your yarn if Walmart stops carrying it?

Rose said...

I love the shot in your header...as well as the rest of them. Really love that first one a lot, too. And those leaves are wonderfully brilliant.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That will be a very cute little bird bath and all natural as well.

Granny Marigold said...

That concave rock makes a cute birdbath!!
I wonder how you'll like the Charles Todd books. I've read them all and even reread some. Did you know that Charles Todd writes the books together with his mother? Not sure how they do that. One writes one chapter and then the other writes the next?

Hill Top Post said...

The stone almost looks like an Indian grinding stone. The birds around here love splashing around in the hollow stones I keep filled with water. Your photos are just wonderful to see, especially when I click each one and they fill my computer screen.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty fall trees and views. The stone looks perfect for a bird bath. Wwe have had some much need rain. Wishing you a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Of course the golf ball is still there. The golfer found it difficult to take a shot from up there and went to get a ladder. I suggest you super-glue the ball to the post. That will teach him when he takes a swing and hits the ball hard. You can draw us a cartoon of the whole event!

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Very pretty Autumn colors and a very nice tidy township too. I like your improvised 'Bird Bath'- good thinking. Regards. KEV.

Lisa said...

Perfect! Leave it like that. Try and get some shots of the birds when they find it. I’d love to see.
Lisa

Adam said...

Apparently the golf ball will be there at least 100 years if nobody does anything about it.

Bill said...

The trees are very colourful and pretty. A nice bird bath. they'll appreciate it when they use it.
Have a wonderful day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I think that makes a perfect little bird bath :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Looks like a great natural bird bath!