Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 21, 2019

Drainage Brook

Drove the Jeep to town this morning and started my walk at 6:45.
It was 42 degrees and foggy, and once the sun came up it was
sunny but still had some low clouds about.
Sunrise 7:34

It was my typical walk around town.
Up and down the main road and the side streets,
and a couple of loops around the cemeteries.
Work going on at the ball park so didn't walk around there.

I found a bright orange golf ball in the road and picked it up.
Put it on this post at the cemetery.
Going to see how long it stays there.

Saw one man walking his dog who I've never seen before.
Too far away though to say hi.

I just got finished walking and
was in the Jeep driving out of the parking lot
when Kathy was just driving in.

Sure was a nice morning for taking a walk.
Walked 6 miles
Found a dime


🍁     🌫     ☀️     💰

I took everything off the hutch, dusted it and then changed
the dishes that were on it out for my yellow and orange Fiestaware.
Can't move the hutch to a different spot so changing what is on it
is the next best thing!! 

Changed a few other things around too while I dusted.

Then went outside.
Walked around out back and picked up branches that the
wind pruned for us and added them to the fence.

This is the drainage brook I was tell you about.
 Ken finished putting the rocks there.
 Took this one standing right in the ditch.
 Ken put up a couple more signs today but I haven't taken pictures yet.

Haven't been to Brenda's for a few weeks
for Monday Half Price Pizza but we did tonight.
Sure was good.

Starting a new book tonight.
A new series,
The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen.
I've never read anything by her before.
A blogger friend recommended it but can't remember who.


So comes the end of another blog post.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
 
Comment Replies:
A big thank you to all who read my blog and especially for all the comments. 
 
Vee - The i in Ki is a long i.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the image of the fence and the golf ball!!!

ellen b. said...

Nice looking drainage area. Lovely morning light in your photos!

Vee said...

That’s a great looking drainage ditch...fanciest I have ever seen. Will look like a brook at some times of the year.

Rose said...

Oh, I like the golf ball shot, too, but oh, that first is magic. Just think what we used to could buy for a dime! A bottle of pop, a big candy bar, a nice bag of chips, and I can remember when first class postage was 5 cents...

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- The introduction Photo at the top is a perfect picture - well done. My- Ken has sure done well with the stones...there are lots of them and Ken must near be finished his constructions. Best Wishes. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

I love the pops of orange and yellow from the trees that have already changed colour. Sure is pretty.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Connie said...

I am so impressed with your husband's ability and creativity with the rocks.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The first four images are gorgeous, lovely views and colorful trees.
Your Ken is a hard worker, it is nice to have a handy husband. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead.

Angie said...

Your pictures in this post are truly amazing. The composition, the light, the contrast of the colorful trees with the almost black and white backgrounds - terrific. And the one with the orange golf ball takes the cake!

R's Rue said...

🙂

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another dime.

If someone is playing golf nearby he'd have difficulty taking a shot from on top of that post!

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

I love the shadow play in your first photo. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the golf ball to disappear. The drainage ditch looks so nice and natural.

Sue said...

Beautiful photos ,Karen, the first one is so spectacular, enjoy your book!
Blessings,
Sue

Jeanette said...

That first shot is stunning! Looks like you have some beautiful places to walk! I love look of the drainage ditch. Would like to a picture of it when it's full of water!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos! I really like the first photo, the light is magnificent.
Have a wonderful day.

Hill Top Post said...

You've got some fantastic pictures here! I love the brilliant oranges you captured, the trees and the golf ball! I agree with other comments about what a hard worker your Ken is. His drainage ditches are truly works of art, with or without water.

Adam said...

I had pizza last night too.

Kerri Farley said...

Your Fall colors are looking so pretty!
Book recommendation for you ..... have you read anything by Charles Todd? It is a mother and son duo.
They have two series - Bess Crawford and Ian Rutledge.
I like them both - but the Ian Rutledge the best.
Best to read them in order so you get the "back story" of some of the characters.

Debbie Harris said...

Your walks always sound so lovely.

Imagine that! A golf ball clear out there. It will be interesting to see how long it stays there. Likely not for long if a child walks by. :-)

Your husband does beautiful work with those stones.

I too have fiesta wear on my hutch and love the yellows. Mine belonged to my grandmother, my dad's mom.

Happy day to you~

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your first photograph.
That golf ball is an amazing colour - perfect for the season :)

All the best Jan