Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

New Chairs

Once again drove the Jeep to town and started walking at 6:35.
It was 41 degrees, calm and sunny once the sun rose.
Sunrise 7:36

People often ask me what is my favorite walking weather.
 Today was it.
In the 40's with sunshine.

It was my usual walk around town.
The ball park loop.
These two pictures are on a little trail behind the loop.



Continued walking over to and around the lower cemetery,

and then on to the one on top of the hill.
Next it was time to go see how the bulls were doing
down at the barn near the Drane House.
They were all doing fine.
No more bellowing.

Then it was back to the Jeep and drive home.
Walked 6 miles
Golf ball still there!

🍁     ☀️

We took a drive down to LaVale because we had to
go to the MVA. 
It's a small one and has never been crowed when we've been there.
People are friendly too so it is not a bad experience.

We have been looking for a couple of recliners
for a while now and never seem to find any that we like
in some other color besides a shade of brown.

Today we stopped in the furniture again just to look around.
Happy to say we found just what we were looking for.
So we bought two.
A burgundy one for me and gray one for Ken.
They are both fabric.

Only problem was we were in the Jeep and couldn't take them home.
So we drove home, got the truck and drove back
and picked up the chairs.

Chairs now all set in the living room and look forward to later
 and trying them out!

Now we are off to church a little early this evening.
The teens are having another fund raiser dinner before the service.
This time we will be having lasagna.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone 🥰

Happiness often sneaks in through a door
you didn't know you left open.
~ John Barrymore

Comment Replies:
Kim - The Walmart nearest to us is a small one but the one in LaVale is bigger and they still have a good selection of yarn.  In Uniontown there is Hobby Lobby and a Michael's and get yarn there too.

19 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Love to see the bulls.

https://prattenburgnatuurlijk.blogspot.com/

Debbie Harris said...

Look at those gorgeous colors!
Again, I must say, your walks are always beautiful and I appreciate you sharing them with us.

Congratulations on finding your new chairs, enjoy them!

Take care ♡

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photographs of your lovely walk.
Pleased that you found your new chairs.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the woods are like ours here. I love the straight road lined by the corn.

Rose said...

So fun the see the bulls again. We had nice weather here, but I had ordered a sewing table...one I have wanted forever and spent the entire afternoon putting it together. It was simple--I was just slow.

Anyway, love your shots, especially the second and the third. Long shadows are a winner every time for me.

Rose said...

Can't believe the golf ball is still there!

William Kendall said...

The cemetery is quite peaceful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those paths through the trees. You must post a picture of the chairs, so we get to see them.

Granny Marigold said...

It's exciting to find the chairs you like in colours you like. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Hope the lasagna was good.

Lisa said...

It seemed to take me forever to pick a recliner. I finally settled on one but now think its too hard and the built in heater stopped working within 6 months. I could have taken it back but I didn’t want to give it up after such a hard decision.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

Ours chairs are brown. A larger one for Dan and a smaller one for me. When company comes, it's always my chair that gets taken. :~) I'm glad to know the bulls are doing well. We also have a couple of new ones that have had to adjust to different surroundings. I would feel right a home on that path through the woods.

Adam said...

We're still not cold cold yet, we're getting there though.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely Autumn scenes and photos. Great shot of the bulls. Lasagna is yummy. I like the happiness quote! Wishing you a happy day!

Vee said...

Your corner is wearing autumn beautifully!

Hope that those recliners are comfortable! I don’t know what I would do without mine these days. ☺️

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos today.

God bless.

Inger said...


I love your nature photos. The one with the orange leaves shining through behind the dark tree trunks is so beautiful.































o2bhiking said...

I enjoyed your photos as always. I love walking and hiking this time of year. Enjoy your chairs. They sound nice.

Bill said...

Nice looking bulls and beautiful autumn colours.
Have a wonderful day!

ellen b. said...

The weather looks just right for your walk. Woohoo on finding chairs you like.