Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

No morning walk

No morning walk for me today.
We had to leave early and drive down state for a doctors appointment.
Just an annual check up for Ken and 
pleased to say that everything is A Okay with him.
I went along to keep him company.

We are both very blessed with good health and 
thank God every day!!

It's a 3 hour drive one way so it takes the whole day.
I knit on the way.
Today I knitted 1 1/2 dish/wash cloths while in the car and in the waiting room.

Struck up a conversation while Ken was seeing the doctor
with a very nice woman who was in the waiting room.
We talked at least a half hour.

After the doctors visit we stopped for a late lunch
at Pot Belly's.
Don't have any near home so it as a treat to eat there.

On the way home we ran into a rain storm with torrential rains.
People were pulling off the road to wait it out,
but we just kept going slowly.
Then we there was a traffic jam where we came to a dead stop.
Happy to say though that it wasn't an accident but road work.

It was so nice to finally be home once again
where it was 12 degrees cooler,
no traffic or noise,
and back in the woods.

Life is Good
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🥰

Vee - the bear from yesterday was mid size.

Lisa - You mentioned that the cow from yesterday looked unhealthy but he is healthy an happy. He just had flies all over him and was muddy from being down in the mud.  I see this guy just about every day.  The pasture they live in is great.  They have water, trees, lots of shade, sun, hills and valleys and lots of green grass. and a barn they can wander in and out of.  One time I threw ears of corn in the field for them with Farmer Gene.  Believe me Farmer Gene takes good care of 'our' cows. : )

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the one thing that I hate more than driving in heavy rain is a white out in winter!

Michelle said...

I always enjoy getting out of my regular routine/small town every once in a while. Even better to get back to it. Glad the check up went okay.

William Kendall said...

You certainly were busy!

I did a museum visit today that I enjoyed.

Happy@Home said...

So glad to hear that all went well with Ken's check up. I am impressed with how much you accomplish even on a car ride.
I have never heard of Pot Belly's. Nice that you were able to eat there.
I need to see what I missed yesterday with bears and healthy/unhealthy cows :).

Sandi said...

Congrats on the good check-up for Ken!

Vee said...

Yay for a good doctor’s report. All that driving for a dr appt...no doctor closer? Now what is Pot Belly’s? A roast beef place? pork roast? I hate driving in torrential rain, among other bad weather conditions...fog, snow squalls

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now that's a different kind of day for you.Always great to get a good report from the doctor.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Very good that both you and Ken are in good health. I've a Doctors appointment soon- nothing serious- I just need a lot of Scripts. We desperately need rain- lots of it as we are on water restrictions. Looking forward to Spring- maybe it'l bring some rain. Have a great day. Cheers. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

With that long a trip to the doctor, then waiting , seeing the doc, driving home... that's a full day right there. It's always lovely to get back home.

Angie said...

Glad you made it home safely. Now that we live in the country, I have a much lower tolerance level for traffic. I am always glad to pull onto our dirt road, even if it is a little bumpy! And glad your hubby got a good report card from the doctor. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Adam said...

Pretty sky

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for good health for you both.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Yay for Ken's good checkup! Your sunrise looks beautiful. I have never heard of Pot Belly's? I do not like driving in the heavy rain or in the dark. Wishing you a great day!

Rose said...

That is a beautiful picture. Glad all is ok with Ken. I used to always take handwork when going to doctors.

Debby Ray said...

Glad to hear Ken had a good doctor visit. Like you said, it can be fun for a change of pace but there is nothing like being back home. I couldn't be a city dweller if I had to and where we are heading is as rural as where you live. Can't wait! :D

Bill said...

That's a long drive but you made it back safely. Glad for the good health news. I used to hate driving at night when it was raining. The glare was terrible. Have a wonderful day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness, that is a long drive … but so pleased the check up was all okay.

All the best Jan