Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Baby bird

A bit of drizzly rain stopped just as I was leaving the house at 6:35
this morning.
A mile down the road it started again for a little bit
but not enough to get me wet, just a little damp.
It was 66 degrees and the slight breeze made it nice.
 Sunrise 6:35
Walked to town and through town, passed the library,
and passed the old house.
Wanted to take a look at the lawn and yes, it needs mowing again.

Went back through town,
up and down a few side streets 
and back home again.

Saw a total of 10 deer.
A ground hog
and this tiny little baby bird.
It was on the side of the road and I moved it into the grass.
It flapped its wings a bit and looked fine.
Hope its mother is near by.

The yappy little dog came running down its lawn and driveway but this time
stayed at the edge of the road and didn't chase me!!!
I'm thinking it remembered the umbrella charge I made at it.
Maybe I put a good scare into him.
We shall see if it lasts!!
🙂
Made strawberry pancakes for breakfast and then
did a few things around the house.
Ken was outside working on his wall again.

Then late morning when the sun was shining
we went to the old house and I mowed the lawn and
Ken did the edging.
All still on schedule for the closing which will be a week from today.
Maybe this will be the last mowing though I'm thinking
it will have to be done one more time.

After lunch Ken continued working on his wall and I did some
more clearing of the woods.
Maybe by Saturday I can take a couple pictures of my cleared
part of the woods and Ken's wall.
Should be done by then.

When it was quitting time we sat on the porch and had
ice cream sandwiches.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
A few wondered about Pot Belly's.  It is a subway sandwich shop.

22 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww … that little bird is so sweet.

Pleased to read that all is still on schedule for the closing on your old house, a week from today.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...10 deer, you must live in deer heaven.

Rose said...

I almost asked to see pics, but then thought you will show them when you are ready. It is fun to see what others are doing. That baby bird was so cute! I do hope that yappy dog has remembers from now on...

Ruth Hiebert said...

I smile as you mention the two of you working outside together. Enjoy those moments.I have memories of doing things like that as well.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully mama bird is indeed close by.

Vee said...

Oh just one more week of mowing at the worst. If it would stop raining... It poured all day here. We actually can use the rain and I had a good day blogging.

How nice of you to set the wee bird out of harm’s way. I hope he spreads his wings and flies. (I might be able to teach him if this steroid high continues much longer. 😉)

You folks stay busy. Will you ever run out of projects? Probably not!

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you and your husband to keep the yard up at your former home, even though it is as good as sold.
Kaye

Michelle said...

Awww...that baby bird is awfully sweet. Glad you gave it a move onto the grass.

Susie said...

Loved the pictures. Oh that little bird...hope it stayed safe. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Leslie said...

The just sounds like the perfect day!!! Hope that cute little birdie is okay. Although I haven't lately, You've inspired me to walk more.
Glad you are well.

Powdered Toast Man said...

10 deer? No pics?

Hill Top Post said...

I can't remember seeing this stretch of highway before. I like it! I am looking forward to seeing your clearing and the new rock wall. What a unique and beautiful place you are creating!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see you being the 'Good Samaritain' ( sorry- cannot spell)- helping the Little Bird this morning...has not been raining here- though we certainly need it. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That first photo is wonderful. Is the road that colour or did you use a special filter on the camera?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The view down the road is lovely. I hope the cute baby bird's parents are nearby. I am glad all is going well. Wishing you a happy day!

Sandi said...

Follow the purple road!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A baby bird...how precious! Hope you have a beautiful day today and a good walk...no dogs allowed! Hugs!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Adam said...

I hear the mother will disown it if it smells like human.

Bill said...

The view of the road is beautiful and the wee bird is very cute. Glad you moved it out of harms way. Sounds like a fine day for you, enjoy the evening.

Debby Ray said...

It's always so nice to hear about your day. I sure hope the baby bird's mama found him!

Granny Marigold said...

Oh, that little bird is kind of cute. Incidentally, parent birds don't reject their babies if a human handles them. Just saying.