Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 05, 2019

Cabin in the Woods

 🌤     🌤
Left this morning on my walk at 6:40.
60 degrees, mostly sunny with a few clouds.
Sunrise 6:20

Walked to town with the water bill and dropped it down 
the slot at public works.
Also had a letter and dropped that off at the post office.

Next stop was the ball park and walked the loop there.
Walked down the side street and to and around the
lower cemetery, and then towards home.

No people out walking or running.
Saw three deer 
6 rabbits
2 Monarch butterflies
a swallowtail
and numerous birds.

Sure was a beautiful morning for a walk.
🦌     🐇
The cabin is just about ready for our son David and his friend Liz's visit on Friday.
There is some repair still needed on the right side of the overhang
and Ken is going to get that done tomorrow.
I'll give the inside the final cleaning on Thursday.
Here is our Cabin in the Woods.
Ken and I built the cabin to use as our get-a-way 
when we lived down in Howard County.
In the process of building it we decided to move up here to Garrett County
permanently and bought the house in town.
 Then after living in town for 5 years decided to have a house
built up here on Happy Trails.
So the cabin has become the guest cabin.
This month we will have been in the new house for a year already!!
Tomorrow morning we both have to go to the dentist for our
6 month cleaning.
I always bring some cookies with me when we go,
so today I baked some Snickerdoodles for everyone in the office.

Busy doing this and that around the house.
This evening I plan to do a little reading
and making some weave-it squares for the latest baby blanket I'm working on.

That's it for today.
Hope yours was a happy one.
happyone  🥰

21 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photographs … we too enjoyed blue skies and sunshine today :)

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Good heavens! That water bill comes around often enough. 💦

Enjoy your visit with your son and his friend.

Already a yeat? Seems like the month before last...

Rose said...

Our water bill just came today...I wrote the check and put it out for the mailman to pick up tomorrow. I so love your cabin...how I would love to have a place like that to get away too...that was not too far away. You saw quite a list of critters...

Tom said...

...time sure does fly!

The Furry Gnome said...

The cabin looks great!

Adam said...

I haven't seen a butterfly in awhile

Sue said...

I love the cabin in the woods, enjoy the special visit with David and Liz. I think of all the baking I do, baking cookies is my favorite, and snickerdoodles are a favorite! have a great evening.
Blessings,
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

What an interesting roofline on your cabin. I can imagine that you've made it very cozy inside. Perfect for a get-away.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That little cabin is the perfect hide-away.

Joyful said...

It's to hot here to do much so just taking it easy. I can't believe you've already been moved into your new home for a year. Time flies! I love that you have a guest cabin. I'm sure it is a cosy getaway.

Vee said...

A yeat...hahahaha

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really love that cabin.

God bless.

John's Island said...

Really, really like the way you start the post with time, temp, sky, and sunrise. Then, pics from the walk. Neat sky picture!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the views from your walk. The years has flown by. I remember seeing the cabin being worked on, it is beautiful. Wishing you a happy day!

Sandi said...

A peaceful life :)

Debbie Harris said...

A lovely get away cabin in the woods for sure.
Your morning walk sounded just delightful,a great way to begin a beautiful day.
Your dentist office must love your visits. :-)

Enjoy your day in all it's beauty~

Betty said...

Your walk sounded wonderful to me. I live in a city and it is a place you don't want to walk, plus I have a hard time walking in the first place. The cabin is so cute, I bet they will love staying in it.

Debby Ray said...

Oh how sweet that darling cabin is! Enjoy your visit with your son and his friend. :)

Nawm D Gerr said...

The cabin is so cute. What fun! I bet it does not feel like a year already!

William Kendall said...

I do like that cabin!

ellen b. said...

That's a sweet looking cabin. How nice that you can share it!