Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

A+

Left the house at 6:40 this morning on my walk.
61 degrees and sunny with some low hanging clouds.
Sunrise 6:21


 Walked the Hilly Loop.
It is just over 5 miles but with all the hills it makes up for
the lack of the last mile.
It goes down a hill, up a hill, then levels out pretty much for 1/2 mile,
then the last 2 1/2 miles is up hill.

Saw a couple of wild turkeys
6 deer
6 rabbits

A very quiet peaceful walk and worth all the hills.
🌤     🌤
We left the house with cookies in hand and drove to
town to the dentist.  🦷
They were all very thankful for the cookies. 
It was a great day at the dentist.
Both of us had got an A+.
Easy clean and no problems.
I tell you using a water pic makes a cleaning at the dentist a breeze.

My cleaning was first and then I walked over to the old house
and mowed the lawn.
When Ken came over after his cleaning I had 10 more minutes of mowing to do.

Then it was lunchtime.
Went to Lowe's and then on to Walmart for food shopping.

After all the groceries were put away we sat on the front porch
and enjoyed an ice cream cone.

Thinking about having a few slices of nice sweet cantaloupe for my snack later.

It's been a good day.
How can it not be a good day knowing I don't have to go
to the dentist for 6 months!!!  🦷

A happy day to you my friends.
happyone 🥰

21 comments:

Nawm D Gerr said...

Nice pictures. I bet the slight change, crisp in the air starting to be noticeable up north!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Always a good thing to get in and out of the dentist's chair without any drilling going on! I've been pretty lucky the last few years, but lately old fillings are starting to cause problems. Your walk way looks so inviting!

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Pom Pom said...

Funny! I do not like the dentist either.
Way to go, walking uphill so far! Yay!

Rose said...

Sounds like a wonderful day...love today's photos. Love that shot in the header.

Sue said...

I do not like dentist visits either,congratulations on a great report. You must really be in great shape to walk up those hills, my walk is flat land. Have a great evening.
Sue

Vee said...

Congrats on the good report! I don’t think that I could walk uphill for two and a half miles. Congrats on that, too!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos! That is quite a vigorous walk but very satisfying, I'm sure. I like your reporting of the day, it's nice to read.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful happy day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yeah! for your good report and I say yeah, for the beautiful pictures you have shared.

Tom said...

...the first two images are magical!

Kerin said...

Your walking route is very pretty.

Good news on your dentist visit, and I agree, waterpiks are pretty nice!

~K.

Hill Top Post said...

I am a little behind here, but wanted to tell you how much I like the changes you have made to your blog. I can really appreciate the work you have done on it since I have been starting up a new blog and delving into templates and settings, etc. (That's another story. I deleted my old one when some troubling issues surfaced there. My new one is hilltoppost.com) What fun it would be to have a cabin in the woods. I have a book with that title by Ralph Kylloe, and so enjoy looking through the pages at all those amazing places that oh-so-talented people have built.

Angie said...

Love the second photo with the sun slanting through the mist. I don't like going to the dentist, even though it usually goes smoothly. So I can relate to your relief that it's over for another six months!

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful sun rays through the clouds.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. Great photos you've taken this morning- very green and lush there. Tonight I've bought a US Navy Sailor Doll from 'Severn, Maryland USA'...and was thinking that this region may be near to You and Ken? Anyway- I've put a photo of the Sailor Doll on my Blog Post for you to see. Best Wishes. KEV.

William Kendall said...

The mist adds a nice touch to everything!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and great photos. It is nice to get a great report from dentist. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Debby Ray said...

I love foggy photos and when the sun rays are filtering in, I love them all the more! Glad you had good check-ups!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

ellen b. said...

Congrats on your good report and that you are free from the dentist for 6 months. After my eye surgery I declared it was way easier then the dentist!!