Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 02, 2019

Apple Cupcakes

A cool breeze and 62 degrees this morning at 6:40 when I 
left on my walk.
Clouds and sun.
Sunrise - 6:17

Ken passed me as I was walking to town 
and gave me a beep on his way to meet Edd for breakfast.
Continued to the ball park and walked around the loop.
Then up and down some side streets,
around one of the cemeteries and back home.
Interesting looking clouds this morning.
Didn't see any one else out walking or running.
Saw quite a few gold finches 
and also lots of Monarch butterflies along the side of the road.
There are quite a lot of milk weeds along there.

The electric meter reader guy drove passed me a few times along my road.
He would pass me and would go into a driveway and then I would catch up
 and he'd pass me again going to the next house.
He stopped one time and said I was walking at a pretty good pace.

I saw this home made little see saw in the yard of the day care center
and thought it was a clever idea.
It is laying on its side here so you can see they used a half tire. 
A good size for the little ones.
 After breakfast I got busy baking 6 dozen cupcakes for the kids at Sunday school.
There were from a box mix so it was easy.
The cupcakes are supposed to look like apples for back to school.
The cupcakes are white cake set in red liners.
Was going to just bake the cupcakes today and decorate them tomorrow
but ended up decorating them too.
I put red food coloring in white icing and iced the cupcakes,
then sprinkled them with red sprinkles.
Stuck a mini Kit Kat in the center for the stem
and two green M & M's for the leaves.
Here's how they turned out.
Took quite a long time to decorated 72 cupcakes this way
but I'm sure the kids will love them.

That's about all I did today.
Plan on reading for a while this evening and
then making some weave-it squares while watching Netflix.


Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure the kids will love those cupcakes :)

All the best Jan

Betty said...

Love to walk on that path. Where I live it is dangerous on the road. The cupcakes look great.

Rose said...

I think making that many cupcakes and doing that decorating is quite a bit! And they will delight a child. I love that cloud shot, and that is a great idea for a see-saw...

Tom said...

...that seesaw is a great idea!

Carol W. said...

What a creative idea for the kids! I can imagine how they feel about going back to school soon. The cupcakes are so cute!

NanaDiana said...

Those cupcakes look good and I bet they taste even better. I always love your walks and that teeter-totter is a great idea! xo Diana

ellen b. said...

Cute cupcakes! I'm sure the kids will love them.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those cupcakes look amazing. Yes, the children will love them.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How often do they read the electric meter? Over here you read it yourself every month and give the reading on the Internet. There are also self-reading meters which send the readings daily/weekly/monthly to the electric company via the internet.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sky shot. Your cupcakes look yummy, the kiddies will love them!

Enjoy your weekend!

William Kendall said...

That second shot is my favourite of the set.

Granny Marigold said...

Great picture of the clouds!
The cupcakes turned out very well and no doubt will be received with smiles! School out your way starts early compared with here which only begins after Labour Day.

Adam said...

We don't have meter reader guys anymore. OUr sends the reading directly to the power company.