Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 03, 2019

A New Look

Left at 6:35 this morning on my walk.
62 degrees with sun and clouds.
Sunrise - 6:18

Took along a library book when I left and dropped it down the 
slot when I got to the library.

Continued to the ball park and walked the loop there,
made a stop at the house,
walked up and down some streets in town and then
headed back to the main street and on home.
Rebecca was out walking.
Saw quite a few rabbits and the ones down my road were all tiny.
Maybe all were brothers and sisters.
Only one deer this morning and she was standing on the edge of the road.
She looked at me when I said, Hi Deer, and she slowly turned and went in the woods.

Found a penny.

Ken and I went out mid morning to get a few errands done.
Stopped at Lowe's, a thrift store, Naylor's Hardware and
had lunch at Burger King.

When we go home I was going to go up to the cabin with Ken to get some
work done, but decided to stay home and do things
around the house.
I'll go with him next week to finish up.
Our son David will be coming for a short visit with a friend
next weekend and will be staying in the cabin.
That is why we are getting the finishing touches done on it.

After doing some chores I sat and read my book on the front porch.

As you can tell I changed the look of my blog.
Seemed about time for it.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone đŸ„° 
Comment Repies:
Victor - The electric meter reader comes once a month.  You can also read your own and send it in on line, which is what we do.

GrannyMarigold - School doesn't start here for another few weeks either.  The cupcakes are a bit early. Guess it gets the kids thinking about going back to school.

16 comments:

Sue said...

I like your new design, reminds me of the walks you take. The scenery around your walk is so pretty, I can only imagine how beautiful it will be in a few weeks when fall arrives. Enjoy this special visit with your son and friend, I always look forward to our kid"s, and grandkid"s visits.
Have a blessed evening.
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

The new look is great. The flowers are so bright and cheery.

Rose said...

Your blog has a wide, open spaces feel for me. I marvel at one or two of my buddies that change theirs daily almost. And I don't know why...I think because I have a hard time making decisions. I do hope you get to enjoy your son's visit..

I sat and read some on my front porch, too. That is one of the simple pleasures. Beautiful flowers in that last shot.

William Kendall said...

Pretty shots!

It is always a treat to see a deer.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your blog looks nice...I like the new banner too. How nice to have your son coming for a visit! Enjoy your evening!

John's Island said...

On my blog I’m taking a break from posting for a while but still trying to keep an eye on some of my favorite blogs and one of those is Life is Good. I really like your new look. I believe you are using your phone for your photos and they are really looking good. You mentioned you got a new phone and it is working well for you re the photos. I wonder if you are able to take the pics straight out of the phone to post on the blog here or if you use some software, like Photoshop, for resizing, etc. Another thing I’ve found interesting here is the similarity of our weather with regard to the temperatures. Seattle and your part of Maryland are pretty much the same lately. Enjoyed all your pics in the last few posts and especially the clouds pic in August 2 post.

Tom said...

...perhaps I'm stuck in a rut, I try to change things a bit, but stayed with what I've had.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thanx for your reply on meter readings. Happy weekend.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your new blog look is pretty. You had a busy day. I am sure you will enjoy having your son for a visit. Happy Sunday, wishing you a great new week!

Adam said...

Daisy is going to try the impossible whopper soon and I'll see if she realizes there's no meat in it.

Betty said...

I use to love to go on long walks and cannot wait to go on them again. I liked reading about yours.

Bill said...

Your walk sounds great. I walk everyday and try to get out early, for me that's around 8am. That allows me to see the town before it gets busy. It must have been nice to see a deer. I see rabbits every now and then. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day and new week.

Debby Ray said...

I do like the new look of your blog! Mine has pretty much stayed in the status quo with the exception of changing out the headers (which I save) from time to time. I have been thinking about changing the Have a great visit with your son!

Retired Knitter said...

It has been so very long since I changed the look of my blog - I don't think I remember how to do it.

Ivy Green said...

Great new look!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your new look blog …

All the best Jan