Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 07, 2019

A walk in the rain

60 degrees this morning with rainy skies
Left the house at 6:35
Sunrise 6:22

An umbrella walking day as I walked to town.
Nice listening to the rain.

Went through town to the ball park and walked around that loop.
Then continued to the other end of town and turned around.
Back through town, passed the old house and headed back home again.

No one else out on this rainy morning,
even the animals must have been hiding out from the rain.

Rain came down pretty hard at times but during the last
mile the rain stopped.

Oh no look what I spotted.
Surely it must be too early for the leaves to start changing!!
 ðŸŒ¦     🌦
Had a little more rain then it was cloudy and by mid afternoon some sun.

Stayed home today and gave the kitchen a good cleaning.
That's about all the work I did except for the usual every day chores.

Was nice to spend some time this afternoon
reading.

We've had supper and are just about to leave for church.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Kev - We live about a 3 hour drive west from Severn, Maryland.  Know the area though because before moving to western Maryland, we lived down in that area. 

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

Here there are the odd trees that start to turn in August, but the vast majority wait until October.

Tom said...

...we had a bit of rain today, not enough. It has been so dry that leaves are starting to turn.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I sure do hope that leaf is not a sign of an early fall.

Adam said...

A leaf early for autumn.

Granny Marigold said...

We've had so little rain so far this summer that I'm actually looking forward to walking in rain again. I bought a new umbrella back in May and haven't been able to use it yet.
Here the leaves are turning colour mostly due to the dryness.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Thanks for letting me know about being 3hrs drive away from Severn, Maryland- I thought you'd be closer. Great to see the rain there - we need it badly as about 95% of our State is in drought and our dams for Sydney and Metro area are less than 50% full- and we're on water restrictions now. Sometimes a 'drought' here can last as much as seven years...hoping for rain before Spring starts in a few weeks time. Regards. Kev.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We seem to keep missing a lot of the rain, we could use some here. I have seen some colorful leaves, it does seem early. Have a happy day and a great weekend ahead!

Phoebes World said...

I love the rain...Its so hot and dry here in California its always a blessed relief.
It rained so much back home in Wales... Thats why its so beautiful and green
Thanks for sharing
Phoebe x

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The leaves are getting dry over here too with the hot weather.

God bless.

Vee said...

It sure is a pretty red leaf. I am not looking forward to autumn this year. Summer just arrived.

This is a second day of rain. We needed it. That’s the best I can say of gloomy weather. ☺️

Sandi said...

Love that rain on the pavement!

Sue said...

What a nice walk, I am so looking forward to fall I have seen a few yellow/orange leaves. We sure could use some rain in our area.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Kerin said...

Looks like a thoroughly enjoyable day!
I love walking in the rain!

Have a happy day.
~K.

Rose said...

I love that rainy shot! I used to love to pick apples in the rain...there was such a quietness. Kind of a hush...

I think it is that time of year...we passed a sumac that was only how they can be...so many vibrant colors of red, pinkish, orange! And I happened to glance up two or three days ago and a tree across the way has red leaves. It is often the first tree I notice. Then to top it off, got down the street to the stop sign, and across the road is a tree with lots of yellow! I so hope we have a fall that lasts and last...

o2bhiking said...

Hello Happy-K. I've been away from blogging for a long while, but thought I'd check in and see how you are doing. Glad to see you are out walking still. I saw some of those red leaves in the mountains yesterday. Yikes! Be well.

Bill said...

My wife would be happy to see that red leaf here. :) It's warm and cloudy today but tonight we are supposed to be getting heavy rain that will continue tomorrow. The Killybegs street fair is this weekend so I hope it doesn't rain too much. Enjoy your day!

Retired Knitter said...

I don't mind walking in the rain. I draw the line, however, on hot and humid - something we have had way too much of this year.