Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 10, 2019

A hay ride


This morning I left the house at 6:45 on my walk.
The temperature was 55 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 6:25

Walked to town and straight through to the other side
to the Dollar General.
Behind the DG is an industrial park and I walked
around there today.

 Ken was in town and going to pick me up at the town pond
so I walked 4 miles in town.  
It is 2 miles to town so got my full 6 miles in.

From the industrial park I went to the ball park and 
walked around that loop and then over to the pond 
where Ken was and had a ride home.

Saw the usual deer and rabbits.

A pretty quiet Saturday morning around town.
⛅️     ⛅️

The jeep got its first washing today. 
It didn't take long at all with Ken helping me.

In the afternoon we played Mexican Train with David and Liz.
It was the first time for Liz and she won!

  We were invited to a BBQ at our neighbors farm in the evening
and we all went there.
Had a great time getting to know new people.
One of them said she sees me walking every morning
when she drives by with her little girl and
she calls me the walking lady with the stick.
Her mother says if her daughter doesn't see me she wonders where I am.
I told her to give me a toot when she passes and I'll wave.

David and Liz left early to get a good night's sleep because they
are leaving very early in the morning to go back home to Asheville.

Too bad they didn't stay because they missed a fun hay ride!!
37 kids and adults sat on hay bales in a hay wagon and Aaron
drove the tractor and we went on an hour long hayride.
We went up and down hills on farm roads, past cows, and woods,
through town and back to the farm.
It was so much fun.
We got home at dark.

That's been my happy day.
Hope you had one too.
happyone 🥰

11 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a happy weekend.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like a nice visit with Liz and your son. The BBQ and hay ride sound like a fun times too. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

Tom said...

...isn't it nice to have a little person looking out for you!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Hayride sounds so much fun for the children and adults alike- My Cousins and I went for a Tractor-Trailor ride through the bush way back in 1960 - we we're on my Uncle Bruce's Farm at Nowra - looking for flowers named 'Waratah'...it was Easter Time and such a special weekend- loved it! Regards. KEV.

Vee said...

They really did miss out...hayrides are a lot of fun especially because those wagons go where usually one hasn’t been before. Still it sounds as though they had a fine visit and a good time. I see the sumac fronds are out...what a rich color they are! Do you have any old barns painted with sumac buttermilk? Every now and then, I see an old shed here that seems as if it could have been painted with buttermilk paint.

Adam said...

Daisy got some walking in yesterday, though not six miles.

Sandi said...

A nice walk today :)

Sue said...

OH what fun! I love hayrides we used to give them when our children were at home. Thanks for the walk, .
Have a blessed evening.
Sue

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you enjoyed it.

Granny Marigold said...

A hayride sounds like a lot of fun.
Too bad your son and his GF had to miss it.

Bill said...

Six miles, that is an excellent walk. The hay ride sounds great. It's been a very long time since I was on a hay ride. :)