Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Different walking route today

A nice warm morning with a temperature of 55 degrees F.
Just a little wind and cloudy.

I do take pepper spray along with me on my walks but have
never used it.  Someone always comes to my rescue before I need it.
I've started carrying my big walking stick with me again.
Don't take it in winter because my hand gets cold.
Today was good - no dogs.
I did see deer, rabbits, a groundhog, and gold finches.

Didn't walk to town this morning.
Started my walk going up and down the lane.
Happy Trails is all along the left.
 Made a right and walked down the hill.
At the stop sign ahead I usually go left to town,
today I turned right and walked up another hill.
Turned around just where you can see to the end of the picture
and then got to walk down the hill.
Passed up the turn to home and went to the main road.
A left turn takes you to town but I went right and walked
down the highway a ways before turning around and walking back home.
Walked 5.4 miles but I figured I could get away with a little
shorter walk because of the 3 steep hills I walked up!!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
I wanted to get the baby blanket done today so right after
breakfast spent an hour working on it and finished it.
Now I can work on my yellow gingham bedspread for a couple of weeks
until the next baby blanket work day.

Then I went outside and worked on the fence.
The sun was out by then and it was warm in the 70's.
I'd like make the fence all around Happy Trails.
That is 21 acres of natural fence so I think I'll be working on it
till the day I die!!

After lunch we had a few errands to do in town.
Then back home.
Did a few things inside then went outside again
for a while.

 More people came to look at the house this afternoon.
This makes 3 viewings.
Maybe the third will be the charm.

Made Chicken Enchiladas for supper.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, there is a leash law here but it is not enforced.
No, not having an open house.  Our realtor doesn't think they do much good.  The house is completely empty too!

19 comments:

Tom said...

...a change of route is a good thing. I have walked a local park for years and seem to go along the same paths. Recently I walked in different areas and saw some plants and tree that I've never seen before.

William Kendall said...

It looks like you had a misty day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I carry pepper spray too but hope I never need it. It's good to be prepared though. Hope someone buys your house...I know you are ready! It's time! Love that sweet blankie! Hugs!

Sandi said...

Nice!!

Vee said...

That sounds like a rugged walk...all those hills! Yay for more viewers... they could be “the ones.” I really like chicken enchiladas. That’d make a fun lunch for friends.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I'm just now viewing your last couple of posts. Enjoyed all the photos, as always. I had to comment on the dogs ... I am so with you on how annoying dogs can be for one who likes to walk. People love to walk their dogs at Green Lake so I see a lot of them. I just can't understand why some folks let the dog off the leash. The dogs chase other animals/wildlife. It isn't right in a Park setting. I'm going to have to consider if I need to carry along some pepper spray. Now, other things ... I like your new header! Very nice! Of your recent photos ... Monday's sunset ... beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

Walking a couple of hills certainly should count as more miles than a flat road. It's nice to change our walking route a bit from time to time.

ellen b. said...

It's good to be prepared on walks especially since you walk alone!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do have beautiful roads to walk along. They look so much more interesting than just a straight road, out in the open.

Angie said...

Sometimes we get stuck in our habits, even our good ones, and it's refreshing to change it up. Good for you! Lovely country roads - it's hard for me to imagine that you might need pepper spray there … we carry it for bears and wolves and mountain lions!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like this new walk route. Looking forwards to finding pennies.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a nice route for your walk. Lovely views too. The blanket is pretty, I love the color. Enjoy your day!

NanaDiana said...

I think it is fun to change up the normal 'routes' of life sometimes. What a pretty area you have to walk in.
Hey- I can see the obit now...she died 'fencing'...and people will think you took up a new 'sport' using swords. lol
Have a great Thursday- xo Diana

Kerri Farley said...

The Baby Blanket turned out beautifully!!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. Very nice photos to-day...sounds still a little cold there- looks like a pleasant mist in the surrounds. Regards. KEV.

Retired Knitter said...

At least there is some traffic going through. Fingers crossed.

Rose said...

That looks like a wonderful route for a change. That baby quilt is such pretty colors. I really like it. Did you ever think of trying to gather some of the rocks I see and use them as a section of the fencing? From what I have heard, there is a real art to that...but I love your your natural fence that you are doing already. I just seen all those rocks and wished I had two or three of them. (or more...I LOVE rocks)

Meta/roses. said...

Fence making around your 21 acres is quite a project. But at least you will never run out of things to do to enjoy the outside. The wildlife will appreciate your efforts too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your finished baby blanket looks lovely and your chicken enchiladas for supper sound tasty.

Good to hear that more people are viewing your house …

All the best Jan