Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Sunset

Another sunset from our front porch taken yesterday.
Pictures were taken 10 minutes apart.

🌷     🌷
50 degrees this morning, calm and cloudy.

Had my usual walk to town.
Was walking around town and up the road past the library
when I saw a big brown dog roaming around without an owner.
I've had trouble with this dog before so I quickly went over to the 
other street and luckily it didn't see me.

It was headed in the direction of my home and I was afraid I'd
run into it again so after I had my walk around town I
called Ken and he came to pick me up.
I just can't believe how much trouble I'm having with dogs
now.  Never used to be like this.
I hate to complain though because nothing has really happened.

Walked around the cemetery at the top of the hill.
Don't usually see cows up around here at the cemetery.
Other years there has been corn or soy beans growing.

 Someone has planted these pretty flowers (think they are primroses)
around one of the tombstones.
This is the only Red Bud tree I've seen in town.
Sure is pretty.
Walked 6 miles 
Ken picked me up at the old house.
🌷     🌷
After breakfast we went back to the old house and I got the
lawn mowed again.  
This time of year the grass grows like crazy!

Still no sale of the house.
Both times people looked at it they seemed very interested
and both wanted to be notified if someone put in a contract.
BUT nothing so far.

Back home at the house I went outside and worked
on the natural fence.
Saw my first snake since I've been working on the fence.
Surprised I haven't been more with all the rocks around.

After lunch I stayed inside getting some house stuff done
but then later went back out to work on the fence.
Got a little reading done this afternoon too
and hope to get more done later.
The latest baby blanket is just about finished.
That should be done tomorrow.
Wasn't sure of the colors but it is turning out nice.
Will post a picture tomorrow if I get it done.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the afterglow in the second image is fabulous. Yep, those are primroses. Red Buds are still abit off here. Snakes are one kind of critter that I never warmed up to!

William Kendall said...

The dawn sky is quite something to behold.

Hill Top Post said...

It is amazing how fast the sky can change. I love both these pictures! I don't like to be approached by strange dogs either. I believe I remember your saying that you carry pepper spray.

ellen b. said...

Loose dogs always concern me. I'm glad you got away before it saw you this time. The sunsets are gorgeous!
I've been away from time on the computer because our new little grandson ended up in NICU 70 miles from here in Spokane. Trips back and forth and helping out with Addy took all of our time. I'm happy to say JJ is home now and doing a lot better.
Happy May to you!

Vee said...

Those sunset photos are glorious. Made me want to sing “The Doxology” so I did.

Does your community have a leash law? If so, I would be making a complaint because you don’t want to wait until something happens to you or anyone else or even to the dog.

It only takes one buyer and hope that he or she or they show up sooner than later. Have you considered an Open House?

Okay, enough meddling from me for one day. 🙃

NanaDiana said...

I don't like running into strange dogs when I am out and about. You don't know which ones are nice and which ones are inclined to attack.

Great pictures of primroses and tombstones and the sky. I hope the house sells soon!

Have a great night-xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

You have the greatest view of sunsets from your porch. Also you seem to capture them at the best moments.

Sorry about the dog problem. It's not much fun walking if you have to be on guard lest one come at you . As someone else mentioned, you carry pepper spray. Have you ever had to use it?

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That is a spectacular Sunset you've managed to take. Good fortune with your House Sale- I suspect that things will pick up for you as Spring turns to Summer and brings more people out to look at what is for sale on the Housing Market. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos. What lovely sunset.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

I hate you are seeing more dogs now. That can sure ruin a walk. I am terribly afraid of strange dogs. Glad you got to work on your fence some. I still have a couple of piles of sticks to add here. Keep expecting to walk up on a snake here. We did see one in the pond a few days ago.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have a beautiful view of the sunset. Lovely captures of the sky.
Sorry you are having problems with the dogs. The flowers are lovely. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead. Happy May to you!

Sandi said...

I wonder if there is a thing you can carry for safety, like a dog whistle or a little noisemaker, or a bigger dog,...

Debby Ray said...

It is amazing how a sunset changes completely so quickly...don't blink, right?! Gorgeous shots! I also saw a snake last week hiding out under the garden hose...it was a baby but at least it was not a copperhead...still don't want anything to do with a snake! The redbuds here have leafed out a couple of weeks ago but they are my favorite thing to enjoy in the springtime. Happy May Day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a perfect spot from which to watch these gorgeous sunsets!

Retired Knitter said...

Those 2 pictures are JUST AMAZING.

Rose said...

Those first photos are just absolutely awesome!

Lowcarb team member said...

The sunset photographs are wonderful :)

All the best Jan