Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 05, 2019

Karens Knit Shoppe

A rainy morning walk.
Temperature 37F and pretty windy.
Wore my rain paints and yellow slicker and brought 
the umbrella with me as well.
The first 3 miles are usually fine with pants and slicker 
but then the rain somehow starts dripping down inside 
so that is why I took the umbrella too.
Walked to town and went to the public works building
and slipped the water bill from the old house down the slot.
Next stop the post office and put a letter down that slot.

Walked around town and back home.
Didn't see any animals or people.
Guess they were all some place staying dry.

The walk to town wasn't bad because the wind and rain were to my back,
but the way home it was a different matter.
It was quite a struggle to hold onto the umbrella. 
The wind almost blew it out of my hands a few times
and to turn the umbrella inside out.
Eventually I put it down and figured it was better to get a little wet!
At times it felt like ice pelting my face but that was just because
it was a cold rain.
I was glad to get home into a nice warm house.
My Keen walking shoes are said to be water proof
and that proved to be TRUE.
With my other shoes my feet would have been soaked and cold
but these shoes kept my feet nice and dry.
Walked 5.8 miles
๐ŸŒง     ☔️     ๐ŸŒฌ
 Baked the first batch of Snickerdoodle Cookies today.
The last Sunday of the month is my turn for bring the cookies for
the Sunday school kids again.
I make them ahead and freeze them.
Finished the last three weave-it squares for the baby blanket.
70 squares all totaled.
I used left over yarn from other blankets to make this one.
I put all the squares out on the floor and then made a random pattern.
Started sewing them together.
Worked on it a good part of the day and hoping that by tomorrow it will be finished.
     Ken has been busy working on his HO Train Layout.
He likes to use names of friends and family on the scenes he creates.
I got a kick out of this one.
Karens Knit Shoppe
There is a big sale going on today and there is a long line just to 
get in the store!
Some people might want to stop and get an ice cream before coming in.
  Well that should do it for today.
I'm hoping for a sunny day tomorrow.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️ 

A word of thanks to those of you who read my blog and an extra thanks to those who take the time to leave a comment.  I really do appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

19 comments:

Joyful said...

Good for you for getting out for a walk and for being well prepared with waterproof clothing. It does look wet!

Rose said...

Can't wait to see the new baby blanket...I keep looking at the looms but I do not need another hobby. I have enough quilting projects to last me a lifetime...some already started, other just dreams.

Ken should put Rose's Quilt shop next the Karen's Knit shoppe. LOL

That photo of the wet road looks sooo lonely...

Sue said...

My, you both are so talented, Karen's knit shop is fantastic,t rained here to day but not quite as cold as in your area! I'll check those keen shoe out sounds like I need a pair.
Have a blessed evening.
Sue

Vee said...

Oh I do love that scene that Ken created outside Karen's Knit Shoppe. What a swarm of people!

Wonderful that your feet stayed warm and dry in the rain. I love products that live up to their promises.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone! I love it that we both walked in the rain today. I think you had a bit more of a downpour than I did today but I may get drinched tomorrow or Sunday morning. It's like you have said before, the rain may not be fun but it is no reason to stay home. Otherwise ... I love snickerdoodles. It is a good thing I'm not closer to you or I would be stopping by asking for a cookie. :-) Ken does some amazing stuff with his HO display. Karen's Knit Shoppe ... so cool! I wonder if Ken has put up any new videos recently? Lastly, I have got to check out those shoes you wear. Do you know if they make them for men? I know you have said they are comfortable and if they stayed dry today then they are great shoes! As always, enjoyed the pictures!

Tom said...

...today was a good day for ducks here!

ellen b. said...

Glad those shoes kept your feet dry! How sweet to have a shop named after you in the train layout. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are one determined lady to keep on walking in the rain. I like the railroad scene.That must be one good sale.

Lisa said...

“Karens Knit shoppe”. That is just darling. I like seeing all of you and Kens projects coming together.
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

I like the line-up in front of Kare's Knit Shoppe.

I must watch for the Keen brand of waterproof shoes. I don't like walking and getting my feet soaked.

Tanza Erlambang said...

long road with beautiful scene

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- have you heard the old saying: "Rain-Rain go away- come again another day"...don't know where I learnt this from- probably my Mom. Anyway it is good to see the rain. Like what Ken has done with his HO model building and figures. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have an interesting Blog, Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Ken's train out is looking great. Is the Knit shoppe named after you? The cookies sound yummy. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Sandi said...

:)

A nice walk! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Retired Knitter said...

hahaha. Your title had me thinking you were opening your own knit shop. Quickly I rejected that idea. I was pretty sure we would have heard about it before now. Then I thought she must have found a Knitting Shop locally with her name on it. It never occurred to me that your husband used your name in his lay out!! How darn cute is that!!! What a guy.

William Kendall said...

A very moody first shot.

Happy@Home said...

Great to have good shoes that keep your feet dry.

Karen's Knit Shoppe is so darn cute. I'm not surprised to see that it's such a popular spot.

Adam said...

Our AirBNB was in the Palisades region of DC.