Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 06, 2019

Baby Afgan and Cross Stitch ready for delivery

A cloudy morning when I headed out the door on my walk.
It was 44 degrees and no wind.
 Had a Netflix to mail so walked to the post office first
and dropped that down the mail slot
Then around town a bit. 
 Then continued on up to the cemetery on top of the hill,
walked around there and then back home.
 
 Passing by the pond, one fisherman was there.
 
Two people out walking, Rebecca around town  
and Wayne along the main road.
Wayne wears a bright green sweatshirt like I do and when
we passed each other commented on how far away we saw each other.
That's that we want, to be seen by the cars.
 
 So nice to hear the birds chirping away, such a happy sound.

Walked 6 miles
🌷     🌷
Got the morning chores done and sewed the last weave-it
squares together and finished the baby blanket.
I wasn't sure about those bright orange squares
but I like them scattered around in there.
All the squares
and here they are turned into a baby blanket.
Remember the saying I cross stitched for my friend Betty?
Here is the finished project.
Ken made the frame out of corner trim.
I think it turned out great.
Now I just have to give it to her.
When afternoon came along there was a nice mix of sun and clouds
and we spent it outside.
Ken working on his stone bridge
and me clearing the forest floor and adding to the natural wall.
I put in a lot of steps walking back and forth!!
 
This evening I hope to get some reading done and will
watch a Little House episode while
 making some more weave-it squares for my yellow gingham bedspread. 
 Ice cream will be eaten sometime this evening too. 🍨

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
John - No, more train videos yet.  Keen shoes are for men and women.  I've said this before about our son David, He walks rings around me!!  He wears Keen shoes and highly recommended them and now so do I.  They are expensive but worth every penny.

Eileen - Yes, Karens Knit Shoppe was named for me.😊  There are also some trucks driving around that say, Karens Famous Cookies.

18 comments:

Sue said...

It was cloudy here most of the day, our temps. were in the 70s very nice day ,we didn't have much wind either, which I like this time of year, (pollen) Your afghan is very pretty,as is the cross stitch, love the quote!
Little House is a favorite of ours too! as is The Walton's series.
I was able to walk 5 miles today, I haven't done that in a while, you certainly motivate me to keep going!
Have a great weekend, Karen.
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

Nice blanket

Vee said...

Definitely should have something in the scenery about your cookies. You are well known for your baking. Ken needs to make a sign for his famous pizzas. I think the orange interspersed with the other colors gives the blanket some extra pizazz.

(So glad that I can comment here. So many places where I can’t, including my own blog.🥴)

Inger said...

You blanket is so sweet. I must finish the one I'm crocheting. I left a comment for you on my blog, it says: My nurse said I must also walk more, you will be my inspiration.

Rose said...

I love the blanket...love those colors together. That saying sure makes a person stop and think!

Tom said...

...more walkers should wear those bright green sweatshirts, they sure show up well.

Hill Top Post said...

Skipping back to yesterday's post - I just love that there are crowds of people waiting to get into Karen's knit shop! :~) I do like the colors in your latest weave-it blanket, but then orange is a color I use a lot. Your friend will treasure the cross-stitched piece.

ellen b. said...

I like the blanket! Such moody skies you shared. Enjoy your ice cream!

Granny Marigold said...

The framed cross stitch is very lovely. I'm sure your friend will love it.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- 44 Deg F sounds mighty cold for me here in Australia...you'd certainly be looking forward to summer there.I like your blanket- just the thing to cover your legs on a cold night or a throw-over on the lounge. Would like to see Ken's Bridge..that would be good. Stay Well- Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy lately. Lovely blanket.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

A lovely bright blanket. Do you do an edge around it or leave it as it is?
Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the blanket is pretty. I like all the colors. I love listening to the birds singing. I'll bet your cookies are famous! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

Sandi said...


"So nice to hear the birds chirping away, such a happy sound."

:-)


That cross stitch is attitude changing... wow!



Carol Henstra said...

I like the colors as well. Are they called Granny squares?
We have a knitters group and they do them. Plus knitters. I put up in my older pages the knitters early morning.

William Kendall said...

I love the sky in that first shot.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that bright and cheery Afghan. Beautiful cross-stitch piece. Betty is one special lady to be receiving this..

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the baby blanket looks great.

All the best Jan