Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 04, 2019

No walk

We were up and out of the house at 6:00 driving down to
Howard County for a doctors appointment that Ken had
so I didn't get have a chance to walk this morning.
 He has a pace maker and it was time to get it checked out
to make sure all was working properly.
All was as it should be and the doctor gave Ken
an A+.  Thank you God!!

We stopped in Haggerstown on the way home and had lunch
at Red Robin.  We don't have any of them around where we
live and really like the fish and chips that they serve.

We were back home at 2:00.
After sitting in the car all day it was nice to get home
and walk around Happy Trails a bit.
I worked on picking up dead fall and putting it on my natural fence.
Took these two pictures before I started work.
This first one is what I've already got cleared.
The forest floor cleared to make for easier walking and just looks nicer.
This is the next section that I've started working on
and will look like the above picture one day.
 That is about all I had time for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Debby - The picture from yesterday is NOT our driveway.  It goes to Farmer Marvin's farm.

Elaine - The clothesline will be painted the same green color as the house.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I had mine checked last week!

Rose said...

Glad all is okay with your Hubby! You have really been working! Your woods look so good. Wonder if you have morel mushrooms there....

William Kendall said...

The woodlot is just waiting for spring.

Sue said...

So happy for the A+ report for your dh, that always takes a load off of us, wow! clearing the underbrush is great exercise for you. I did find a mask, and walked today, I was so happy when I finished as it has been awhile for me, and that is not a good thing, I have a DR's appt. in a few weeks and I need to step up my exercise. have a blessed weekend.
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

What a difference it makes once all the twigs etc. are picked up. You have your work cut out for yourself.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good to hear that Ken got an A+ on his health.

Dianna said...

Karen, you amaze me when it comes to all that you do. You always encourage me (without knowing it much of the time) when it comes to getting fit and exercising by walking.

I'm so glad to hear that all was as it should be with Ken's pacemaker! Praise God!

Hill Top Post said...

Even though "they" say it's good to leave deadfall scattered about the woods to provide food and shelter for the critters (from microscopic ones to large ones), I just can't help cleaning up along the trails I walk. I do leave a few of the larger logs, however. Your woods are looking mighty nice!

Vee said...

Gotta love good reports from the doc. I really like what you are doing with your forest floor...looks neat and tidy.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying your husband is well.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Praying.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, so glad your hubby got a good doctor report. It is a great idea to collect and build the natural fence. Happy Friday, I hope your day and weekend is great!

Adam said...

We have a red robin the next town over

ellen b. said...

Happy to hear about the A+ report for Ken! We are with you on that dead fall pick up!