Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 02, 2019

I have a clothesline

Sunset last night
28 degrees F with a mix of sun and clouds and a little wind at times
on my morning walk today.
Another pleasant walk to town without any dogs running lose.

Walked passed the town pond where one man was fishing
as I made my way to the cemetery on top of the hill.
Walked around there and through town to the old house.
One thing I'll miss when the house gets sold is having it
as a pit stop when I'm walking in town!
(By the way no one has been to look at the house yet.)

Walked back through town and home.
No deer today but heard birds chirping and the Killdeer calling.
There are some in the pasture across the street from my house.

Walked 6 miles
🍄     🍄
 It was a cloudy day and the sun didn't come out till late
in the afternoon.
We did manage to get the clothes line put up today though.
Post holes got dug, posts in the ground, and the cross pieces
in too.
After lunch we went to the hardware store in town and
bought the rope for the clothesline.
Ken put the lines up and now it is ready for some clothes.
Was going to paint the posts but Ken said to wait for a couple
of days so the wood could dry first.
Will take a picture once I paint the posts.

I did some reading and made a few more weave-it squares this afternoon.

Ken is still out back on his tractor.
I'm going to go call him in for supper.
Having spaghetti.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - No, I've never used steel clothespins and in fact never heard of them.  Mine are wooden.
Elaine - Don't have a dish washer either. :) 

26 comments:

Tom said...

...talk about progress!

Ruta M. said...

I agree, every garden needs a washing line. A proper line if possible and not one of those rotary ones. I've never wanted a tumble dryer or a dishwasher either. If I had the money I would be tempted to get one of those automatic hoovering/vacuuming machines but then I'd worry about the corners being missed out.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I'm so glad you now have a clothesline! Yay!

Rose said...

You're in business now! I know you will love that clothesline. I had never heard of steel clothespins till the other day my sister-in-law wondered if they would be good. My first thought was rust...but I looked on Amazon and there are some that have a plastic part where they grip your clothes.

BTW, that first photo is absolutely wonderful...just so beautiful.

Vee said...

Yay for clothesline.

Is your house empty? Has it been staged? (I even had John’s house, which was almost completely empty, lightly staged. Enough to show the possibilities.) Have you considered an Open House? Course no one can sell a house like God and I’m not even kidding.

Sandi said...

Beautiful sunset, happyone!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Pretty sunset, hope you sell soon!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm happy for you that you now have a clothesline again. I don't know how you managed without one. I used mine today but now the weather is changing to showery.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The clothes will smell so good when you take them off the line. I used to love that smell.

Angie said...

Hmmm. Both my hubby and I grew up with clotheslines. My Mother-in-law still uses one. We certainly have plenty of good drying days in the summer … and maybe the flapping clothes would help keep the deer away from my landscaping. Thanks for the food for thought!

Joyful said...

Beautiful sky photo. I too grew up using a clothesline even in winter. I miss the clothesline and the fresh smell the clothes had after drying on the line.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is a while since you found a penny. Try a different way for your walks.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the pretty sunrise. We only use a dryer. I am afraid the birds would make a mess on the clean wash hanging. Wishing you a happy day!

Aritha V. said...

Such a nice photo's. Can you make a photo from your "waslijn"?

Debby Ray said...

There's no better smell than freshly laundered sheets that have been dried on the line. Looking forward to having one again some day!

Sue said...

Yay! for the clothesline, up, I am waiting to use mine , but the pollen has gotten so thick, just waiting. I always enjoy your walks, I haven't done much lately,again because of the pollen, maybe soon.
I will pray that your house will soon sell!
Blessings.
Sue

Retired Knitter said...

Woooow. Now I am really blown away. No dishwasher.

Actually, I have a dishwasher but prefer to wash my own dishes. In this area (Howard County), all house units come with dishwashers routinely ... you know, like having a roof or doors on your house. Hahaha. But last year I think I never used the dish washer. Only 2 of us and we don't make that many dirty dishes.

HOWEVER, I now use my dishwasher once a week or so - even for a small load, because once I noticed that the dishwasher wasn't draining properly - draining into the sink through the vent on the top of the sink.Not normal. Called a plumber - he said the dishwasher drain in the pipes was clogged and he asked me if I used the dishwasher much. No - not much. So he said, because the drain shared the space of the garbage disposal, some food stuff had built up in the dishwasher drain hole (Yuke). He said if I used the dishwasher occasionally it would blow out the food not washed away by the faucet. Crazy. Hahaha.

Dianna said...

Yay for that clothesline! Now, if the weather just cooperates so you can actually put it to use.

John's Island said...

Wow, that sunset is awesome! And it is cool to hear about the clothes line. Looking forward to the picture. Have a happy day! Thank you, as always, for your comments on my blog.

Happy@Home said...

Three cheers for the clothesline!!! I know you will put it to good use.
I'm curious about Vee's questions too. Staging seems to be the only way to go around here. I guess a lot of people have trouble envisioning rooms a certain way.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I adore my clothesline and would much rather use it than my clothes dryer! I had a load of wash out yesterday, it was pure heaven. Too bad our winters are so severe I can't use it all year long!

Lisa said...

I have always enjoyed hanging clothes but my husband is not a fan so we use a dryer. I usually like to do my laundry on rainy days anyway. ha.
Lisa

Adam said...

I've only seen the wooden kind too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always good to have a clothesline in the garden.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Yes, it might be rather rude to use your old home for a pit stop once you sell it! Good deal on the clothesline.