Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Picture Window

Took a picture of the sunset again last night standing on the front porch.
This picture of the sunset I took while sitting in the living room.
Better than a picture on the wall.
๐ŸŒท     ๐ŸŒผ     ๐ŸŒธ
Left at 6:40 this morning and it was 35 degrees with a bit of
wind and was walking in the sun once it came over the mountain.
For the first 1 1/2 miles until I got to the main road it was just
me, the chirping birds, and the deer.  Counted 11 of them this morning
all in one place.  They didn't run away this time, just stood there
watching me from the field.  They must be getting used to seeing me.

Walked to town and it sure smelled good passing by the bakery
in town.  Wednesdays they bake donuts.

Nice walk around town and once around the ball park loop
and then back home.
 Walked 6 miles
 ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
I wasn't going to take a picture of my clothesline until I painted
the posts and it was nicer out back but here it is now.
The first load of clothes to get dried on the new clothesline.
 As you can see Ken has been busy out there making walls
and moving dirt around making a drainage trench which will
eventually look like a brook including a stone bridge going over it.
There is no shortage of rocks out there!!

Baked some banana nut muffins this morning.
There were from a mix so they were easy and quick.

Though it stayed sunny all day the wind sure picked up.
Had planned on going outside to work on the natural fence
but it was just too windy so stayed inside.

That's it for today.
 A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Vee and Kim - The house For Sale is completely empty.  We had it staged last time and it didn't help so this time we have it empty.  Hoping people will see a nice clean slate and imagine their own stuff in it!!
It will sell one of these days, in God's time!

22 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sunset view is a pretty sight to see.

Rose said...

That window is better than any painting or picture I can imagine...(except maybe Lorelei...LOL) I was doing laundry today and wondered if you had clothes on your line! So you answered my thoughts.

OH, that third photo is just about as perfect as they get. I love it.

Inger said...

Your landscape pictures are so beautiful. They make me wish I had some bare trees around here, they really make the background sunset stand out.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! With a window like that who needs a picture hanging on the wall?

Sandi said...

Ahh...

Dianna said...

Your sunsets are always breathtaking, Karen. And you are so right...better than any picture you could buy and all you have to do is sit in your house and look out the window...or better yet out on the porch to drink in those beautiful creations of our Father.

I'm glad you were able to use your clothesline. You and Ken are such hard workers.

Vee said...

That sky is stunning!

Adam said...

Pretty sunset

Granny Marigold said...

The pictures you see out your window are far better than any painting on the wall!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have wonderful sunsets with clear skies.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- that is sure some Sunset- it is a beaut! Your new cloths line reminds me of the same type my Dad built over sixty years ago for our home- very functional and a lot better than some modern type designs. Regards. KEV.

Tom said...

...lucky you, what a view from your front porch!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely sunset. You have a beautiful view out your window. I like the photos of the farm and sky! The muffins sound yummy. It was windy here yesterday, I actually went outside on the fire road for a walk. Wishing you a happy day!

Sue said...

I can tell you are so enjoying your new "Happy Place"! the scenery is so beautiful! Your clothesline looks wonderful, Ours needs some work this year. I am so looking forward to the pollen being low so I can get back to my outside walking, I am thinking maybe about dusk today, they say it gets low at that time of day.

Have a blessed day.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

The sunset view is just wonderful.

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

Wow...that sunset view is something else...just stunning. And then the next photo of your drive going out in the morning...superb lighting..."golden hour". :)

Retired Knitter said...

So what color will the clothes line be? Something to match the house?

Henny Penny said...

I think the comment I just left you disappeared. ?? I'll try sending this.

Henny Penny said...

Well, what I said was, your pictures are always pretty. You live in a beautiful place. Sorry you didn't get to work on your fence. I thought about you with every bundle of limbs, the other day. I really meant to mention you when I posted about the natural fence. Without you, I never would have known about building a natural fence and I appreciate that.

Happy@Home said...

Stunning sunset photo you captured.
I can just imagine the wonderful smell of your laundry. Nothing like it.

o2bhiking said...

What an amazing sunset. May you enjoy many to come from your picture window. Nice to have Mother Nature dry your clothing on a nice day.

ellen b. said...

How fun to have a clothesline! The views from your porch and window are amazing!