Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 01, 2019

A few flurries and some more cows

Temperature 19 degrees F this morning with snow flurries
and a bit windy when I walked.

Went to town and made a stop at the library to drop a
book down the book drop.
Then walked over to the old house,
all around town and then headed back home.

The deer were around again as well as all the Robins.
Then I spotted the bright red Cardinal sitting
at the top of a tree.
My phone just doesn't take good pictures with a zoom
and times like this I wish I had a camera.

The snow flurries were on an off all during my walk but also
blue sky appeared once in a while too.
Walked 6.1 miles
🦌     🦌
The sun eventually came out to stay and it sure looked pretty but
 it never did get warm enough to do any outside work.

We did a few errands around town.
Went to the lumber yard in town and bought a couple of
posts for my clothes line.
Decided to just put one up out back and figure out how
to tie it in with the deck when we actually build the deck.
It was just too cold to dig the post holes today.
BUT it won't be long before I'll have my clothes line!!

My neighbor cows were out and I walked over to say hi
and take a look at the new baby.
It was fun to watch him frolicking (that is the only word for it)
around the pasture.
When he stopped for a moment, I quick took this picture.
Not such a great picture but better than nothing.
A few more cows.
When I talk to the cows I say things like,
Hi there cows, how are you doing today?
Nice to see you out enjoying the day.
Hope your enjoying your view.
You cows are lucky to have such a nice place to live.
You sure are muddy.
Nice to see you.
I'll come again soon.
Things like that, you know just like you're talking to people! 😃

 Made a few more weave-it square and now now have 43 of them done.
27 to go to finish another baby blanket.

Half price pizza night at Brenda's tonight.
When we got home we watched the deer out back for a while.

That's been my day.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a classic Western New York spring day. #' of snow overnight and then a beautiful sunny day and now most of the snow has melted. I hope that you had a great April Fools Day.

William Kendall said...

Some moody skies!

I too talk to animals as one does to a person. I recently spoke to a rabbit and to a raccoon on a couple of occasions. I wonder what they thought of me.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy April!! It still looks very chilly out your way.
The new baby is cute but then it seems all new babies are. Well, maybe not mice...all pink and hairless.

Vee said...

I think we need a video of these cow conversations and of the frolicking young calf. 😁 Don’t let me tease you too much as I have been known to have a conversation with the four-footed among us as well as the birds. My neighbor’s dog was off the leash yesterday and barking up a storm at me so I introduced myself and said that we had best get along because we are neighbors, He calmed right down and so I thought it ended well. I love the video I have of John talking to Molly, only he was not speaking human. LOL!

Hope your weather turns warmer...I have heard rumors of snow our way.

Rose said...

That little one cannot be very old! It is so, so cute. Been a long, long time since I played with a calf that young....well, or any age. about 40 yrs exactly....roger and I raised a couple calves on bottles when we were very young!

Have you ever used the steel clothespins?

Joyful said...

Beautiful photos. I really love the sky photo and of course all the signs of spring. Even the dusting of snow looks nice though I'm sure soon it will be warm and green all over.

Adam said...

Such a cute calf.

Dianna said...

Your pictures are amazing, Karen...especially the ones of the clouds and sky!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It will be good with Summer emerging slowly - the cows could do with the pasture then during spring growth. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're so lucky living in such pleasant countryside.

God bless.

Nellie said...

You are brave to head out in such cold and snowy conditions! I'm sure the cows enjoy your conversation!

Retired Knitter said...

I KNOW how you love your clothes line!! But still wrapping my head around the fact you don't have a drier!!

Inger said...

Your pictures are gorgeous, you must have a great phone, as well as a great eye for beauty. I love the old barn and also the trees and clouds.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You made me smile with your conversation with the cows...........I think it is quite normal to do so......my chickens love to be talked to! The road in your first photo looks icy and slippery! I am in awe of you to walk 6.1 miles in such frigid weather!

Sandi said...

Beautiful.

Well, I don't know if you'd call the cows beautiful! But the views certainly are.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely skies …

All the best Jan