Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Forsythia

32 degrees this morning but the wind died down and it
was sunny.  The air is always so fresh and crisp after a day of rain.
A beautiful morning for walking!
I saw deer, red winged blackbirds, robins, killdeers, and a rabbit.
Walked to town and stopped at the post office first to drop
a Netflix down the mail drop.

Passing by the little town pond
I noticed that the fountain is hooked up and working
which is another sign that spring has arrived.

The forsythia in town is starting to bloom.
It doesn't bloom very long but it sure is pretty.
 Walked around the ball park loop and then headed back home.
Neighbors Gene and Peggy pass me just about every morning in the car 
when I'm walking up the last STEEP hill near home and wave.  
Today they stopped to say hi.

Walked 6 miles
👟     👟   
Worked around inside the house in the morning and then 
after lunch went to the old house and did some work outside
in the garden.  Got some edging done, old plants pulled up and weeded.
Finished the sides of the front walk,
the cone flower garden
and the garden near the top of the driveway.
Then put Preen down.  That seems to work pretty good on keeping
the weeds from taking over!

 Ken started helping and since he is not that crazy about weeding and
I don't mind, I suggested he go on home and let me work
and pick me up at 4:00.
So that's what he did.
It was a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 50's, good working weather.

When back home I got the wash in off the line and folded
and cooked supper.
It's been another busy day and I sure am looking forward
to my ice cream this evening.
Cookies and Cream.

A happy day to you.
happyone
Comment Replies;
GrannyMarigold - We live in western Maryland, the most northwest part of the state in Garrett County!  Very close to Pennsylvania and West Virginia.  Uniontown, PA is 49 miles away.  Takes about an hour to get there.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I was out walking and taking pictures in the park and saw lots of forsythia. It sure is a nice sign of spring. Enjoy this Easter week.

Vee said...

It’s really looking spring pretty down your way. 🌷

Michelle said...

What a beautiful walk :)

John's Island said...

It was so good to see your comment on my blog today. And it is great to see you back walking again! So happy you are well. I have told you this before but I will say it again. When I stop by Life is Good I am always impressed with the photos you take while you are walking. You definitely have what they call "the eye". Sometimes when I'm walking around Green Lake I think to myself ... That's a scene Karen would snap! And when I do it usually gets thumbs up in the comments. Thank you for being a mentor and sharing your blog. Have a happy rest of the week and say HI to Ken! John

Inger said...

Looks like spring is coming to your part of the world.

Rose said...

I don't know why I don't have some forsythia...I have always liked it. It just says 'spring.'

I need to be working outside, too.

Angie said...

After all that hard work, you sure deserve some ice cream! Sounds pretty good right about now … Have a very blessed Easter week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Stunning photos there in your part of Western Maryland.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The forsythia is lovely this time of year.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You do have a lovely view while walking. The pond and forsythia look lovely.

Have a happy day!

Dianna said...

The fountain at the city park is so nice. Yesterday was truly a beautiful day. Today promises to be the same. I'm crocheting this morning and weeding in the afternoon. :)

Melanie said...

It is so nice to feel warmth now and see spring buds. I hope your temps warm up soon. Cookies and cream ice cream sounds yummy!

Kerin said...

Such a beautiful scene with the fence and forsythia!
You guys are always busy bees :)

It sure feels nice to have warmer weather so that we can get out and do things in the yard.

I have a funny thing to tell you.. when I was a kid, we had a hedge of forsythia, and I used to call it For ~ Cynthia!
My dad overheard me one day and got quite a chuckle out of that.
I still can remember his laugh and sparkly eyes when he laughed :)

Thanks for your sweet comments on my post about our home selling.
Your home is going to sell too, I just know it!

~K.

William Kendall said...

Spring is establishing itself quite nicely there!

Lisa said...

I've always called them "Yellow Bells". They are one of the first things you see in Spring here. SO pretty.
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Forsythia is such a wonderful colour.
Another gorgeous set of photographs Karen, thank you.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

It went from chilly to hot today

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pictures in this post are so beautiful.Such. lovely light in them.