Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

More weeding

A nice warm sunny morning for walking.
54 degrees and no wind.
Back to walking in only a tee shirt, one of my new bright colored ones.
I wore a short sleeve over a long sleeve.

Had my usual walk into town.
Just walked down the steep hill from my house here.
Once I got to town I walked around both cemeteries, a quick
loop around town and then headed back home.

Saw all the usual deer and birds and today there was a cardinal and a blue bird.
I've seen a couple blue birds flying around Happy Trails too.

An old sign by an old tree that looks like it lost its message a while ago.
Walked 6 miles
👟     👟
Got some more housework done this morning.
I had finished the next 24 weave-it squares for the 6th
strip on the yellow gingham bedspread I'm making.  
Sewed the squares together last night and this morning
I sewed the strip onto the bedspread.
Now it is 1/4 done.
I'll put that aside for now, while I make the next baby blanket for next month.

After lunch once again I went down to the old house.
Today worked on the daisy garden down by the road.
Got all the old daisies cut down,
weeded, and edged.
I still have one more garden to do
and then have to mow the lawn for the first time.
 Not doing it tomorrow though.
Need a break.

That's it for today.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

It sure will be nice when you have only one house to worry about. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tom said...

...it looks like a beautiful day in your neck of the woods. I have garlic mustard exploding here! Enjoy the week,

Rose said...

I love reading your day to day life...it makes me want to do more. I love your 'steep hill'...but bet I would be weary by the time I walked up it coming home. LOL

Ruth Hiebert said...

I would agree, you need a break. Love the pictures. That blue sky and the winding road is gorgeous.

William Kendall said...

That first shot is astonishing.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Glad you got a nice warm day to enjoy the walk.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I'm so glad it's better walking weather. You do need a little break.

Granny Marigold said...

It must be Spring if you can go walking in a T-shirt.
I hope you have a nice restful day tomorrow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You work too hard. Take a break.

God bless.

Vee said...

You stay nice and busy and accomplish so much! What a beautiful day you have shared and enjoyed. I wonder what the lost message was...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Lovely start to you day, the views and photos are beautiful. You do stay busy! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day. Have a great Easter Weekend!

Kerin said...

Sounds as though you had a busy and productive day.
I do love this time of year when we are busy in the yard. We go to bed tired, but it's a good kind of tired.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Carol Henstra said...

Beautiful scenery and roads to walk. You do work hard. Take care and dont forget to drink water and eat your meales at proper times To give you the strength for the day.

Enjoy your day!

Dianna said...

This keeping ings up at two houses is a lot of work, isn't it? I'm praying that the old house sells soon.

Adam said...

Nice sun

Lowcarb team member said...

That's an amazing first photograph, love the light and clouds.

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

You always seem to make an ordinary day sound so interesting...and accomplished! Have a blessed Easter, Karen!