Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 15, 2019

One last snow , I hope.

Woke up this morning to a cold, VERY windy 🌬 morning
with snow blowing sideways. 🌨
Thought the wind might blow me away so I skipped my walk. 
There was no accumulation but it stayed cold and windy all day.
Tomorrow is supposed to be back to nice weather.

 Since we couldn't get any work done outside around the house
we went to Uniontown, Pa for the day.
Picked up some stuff at Lowe's and then went to 
Hobby Lobby.
Ken got some stuff for his train layout
and I bought 3 colorful short sleeve tee shirts for walking.
Got 2 long sleeve ones too and they were gray and white.
The short sleeve ones were $2.78 each
and the long sleeve ones were $5.59.
Sure can't beat that price.

There is a Wal-mart there too and we went and got our
food shopping done too.

Topped the day off with going to Brenda's for half price pizza.
They were also giving everyone free bread sticks today.

By the time we got back from Brenda's the sun was coming out
but it was still windy.

Sorry no pictures today.
This day seems to fly right by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Susan q - Thanks for the comment.  Glad to hear you enjoy my blog. 😊  Are you a walker too?

19 comments:

susan q said...

Yes I am Karen, with my husband. We live in southcentral PA and enjoy walking 4 miles daily, weather permitting. Only rain stops us and sometimes snow. lol I love your walking pics. Enjoy your lovely new home!

Tom said...

...at this point it looks like a cold rain is it for us, but who knows.

doodles n daydreams said...

Aah, winter's final fling - we hope :) Your tops sound pretty, it's nice to have some colour after the grey of winter.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Glad you were able to turn a bad day into a good one. Great deal on the T-shirts!

Dianna said...

We were under a tornado watch from around 7:00 last evening until 3:00 this morning. I'm so glad that the wind died down today! Our high was 39. Glad you and Ken got to be out and about today doing fun things. :)

Vee said...

Oh I can’t believe it! It has been a cold rain all day. Tomorrow will be cold and windy. Hope there won’t be snow as I must be out for the afternoon.

At least, you didn’t waste the day and got lots accomplished. Those are excellent prices for tees. And free breadsticks would totally float my boat. I could give up pizza and just eat breadsticks.

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you were quite busy all day.

ellen b. said...

We had some snowy hail yesterday. I hope your snow is the last till winter!

Granny Marigold said...

A busy day! How far is it for you to drive to Uniontown, PA? I'm fairly sure you live in a different state.

I hope the weather is such that you can get back to walking tomorrow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Have I already commented here, or did I imagine that I have commented? All this snow is getting to my head.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a very windy day but it was sunny. No snow here, thankful for that.
Sounds like you had a great day.
Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

Kerin said...

Sure hope that spring sticks around for you guys too!

We had such lovely weather yesterday, then woke to winds and rain today.
Looking forward to this storm blowing out, and warm weather returns.

Have a happy day.
~K.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. Maybe this is the last of the Snow for you there with Spring blossoming...I'd imagine that Snow and Wild Winds there would keep everyone indoors- good thing that there is plenty to do and keep you and Ken occupied. I've never seen Snow falling- must be nice at times when it's a gently falling type. Best Wishes. KEV.

Retired Knitter said...

We didn't have the snow but we did have the wind.

I am down with yet another cold (6th one this season) and feel like a wilted piece of lettuce. It will be days before I can get out for a walk I fear. This cold took out most of my family in turn and put you down for about a week. If someone find a cure for the common cold - they will make billions!!

Debby Ray said...

It surely will be nice for you when it finally gets nice and stays that way. I know there are lots of projects that you and Ken are just waiting to sink your teeth into at your new place.

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like a busy day despite the weather. Great deal on your tee shirts. Hope the weather settles soon.

Adam said...

We have a big lots near hobby lobby. I was going to pop in and realized they are closed on sunday

Rose said...

We were in St. Louis, and Saturday morn it was so nasty and cold...I think it was Saturday. Might have been Sunday...we even saw some snow. but only for a few minutes, and of course it did not lay or stick to anything because it was wet from rain.

Pizza sounds good!

Lowcarb team member said...

That sounds a good buy on the T-shirts :)

All the best Jan