Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 07, 2019

The Solid Rock

Another great old hymn which we sang at church this morning.

The Solid Rock
Lyrics - Edward Mote (1797-1874)
Music - William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1874)

1.  My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Chorus 
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
  All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, 
That thou art Peter, 
and upon this rock I will build my church; 
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

 ðŸŽ¶     🎵     🎶
We walked around Happy Trail this afternoon enjoying the warm sunny day.  The  temperature made it up to 71F.  
These are the first blooms I've seen at Happy Trails. 
By 3:30 it had clouded up and started raining soon after.

A Blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Loves Us.
happyone  ❤️ 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful images to enjoy on this special day!

Carol Henstra said...

Oh that is an old hymn. Beautiful pop up flowers. Looks like you are sure first seeing that compared with us Canadians.

Sandi said...

"...and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."


Amen!

Beautiful flowers. :)


William Kendall said...

I don't think I've ever heard of that hymn.

Rose said...

Jesus loves us...that is a comforting thought!

Sue said...

Such a beautiful hymn, I am happy to hear that your weather is getting warmer, we have had two beautiful days, but rain is coming tomorrow, happy about this as it washes the pollen away.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that old hymn.I can't just read the words, but I end up singing it to myself.

Granny Marigold said...

At first glance I thought those flowers were Dandelions.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen.

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

One of my favorite hymns!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful sunrise and flowers. Thanks for sharing the lovely hymn. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

Adam said...

It's 72F today here.

Retired Knitter said...

I can't remember. Is this your first spring - living in your new house?

John's Island said...

Not sure if I've mentioned it before but I love your opening thoughts ... Each morning when I open my eyes ... and This is the day which the Lord hath made. That's starting the day right. The Solid Rock is a great old song. Enjoyed your pics today, as always. A happy day to you!

ellen b. said...

A favorite hymn of mine. Glad we have Christ!
"all other ground is sinking sand"

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful sunrise that is.

All the best Jan