Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Winter weather continues...

Temperature dropped, the rain turned to ice and it got
VERY WINDY overnight.  
Morning brought snow which is now on top of ice
and the wind continues.
Looked like a blizzard out there.
Another basement walk.
Passed by this scene quite a few times on my laps. 
A scene from Ken's HO Train Layout

Found things to do around the house on this winters day.

We did venture out to see what the roads were like.
Getting down to the main road 1 1/2 miles away is usually the
worst part and once you get to the main road it is much better.
Not so today, the main road was still snow covered.
With all the wind, it just kept blowing more snow around.

We decided to stay home this evening and not go to church.
Both of us not crazy about driving in the dark with the snow.
Church is a 22 mile drive and we can't see as well
driving in the dark like we used to!
Besides we can listen to the sermons live on line.

So we are home in our nice warm cozy house this evening.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - Favorite ice cream is Turkey Hill Chocolate Chip Mint, then comes Hagan Chippitty Chocolately.  Yes, I am a big fan of just plain chocolate too.

Lisa - I agree with your husband, just can't handle a treadmill.  Nice to know there are other people obsessed with getting their steps for the day in too.  😃

19 comments:

Vee said...

Weather sounds awful there. Hope tomorrow dawns sunny and bright. I’m sure that warmer would be good, too.

I baked those cookies that you mentioned. Yesterday? Maybe the day before. I’m losing all track of time. Anyway, you were right. I couldn’t eat just one nor, for that matter, could I eat just two. I was surprised how many cookies from just one batch so I have plenty to give away tomorrow. They sort of remind me of Chunky candy bars. I always loved those, but can’t find them anymore. Anyway, this recipe is a keeper. Thanks!

ellen b. said...

Good idea to stay home where it's cozy, warm and safe.

Rose said...

Days like this make me so thankful that I have a nice warm home to be in. Also makes me wonder how our ancestors survived.

William Kendall said...

I like the details in the train set.

Our snowfall amounts from the latest system that came through did close down the schools here today.

Tom said...

...Ken's attention to details are amazing, thanks for sharing.

Hill Top Post said...

That's some pretty impressive scenery you are walking past. I am afraid I might be tempted to dilly dally along the way, taking a closer look, and not get all of my steps in. :~) Ice and wind...my not so favorite weather elements to deal with.

Dianna said...

Glad that you stayed in tonight. I've had some rough days with all the rain we've been having and Carroll has been doing some of the cooking and cleaning up. So we have opted to stay in tonight and not to go out tomorrow (our normal shopping day).

Love Ken's train works!

Carol W. said...

Ken is doing a fantastic job on his train garden! Such passion toward his hobby! Glad you are being cautious in your snowy weather. I don't miss the snow & ice at all! Have a blessed week!

Sue said...

"There is no place like home", is such a true saying. especially in inclement weather, we don't travel much at night anymore either,.
hope your weather will soon clear so you may walk outside, as I know how much you enjoy walking outside. I am an outside walker too, no treadmill for me. Our weather has been good for walking this week, and I have taken advantage of it.~smile~ But you never know when it will change.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds to me like you made a wise choice to stay off the roads.

Happy@Home said...

Your cozy house sounds like the best place to be considering the weather outside. At least you have nice scenery on your basement walks :).

Nellie said...

That is an amazing train layout! We've had no snow here this winter. I wouldn't like driving in snowy conditions in the drk, either.

Pam said...

Best to be safe then sorry. Winter roads with ice and snow are always best to stay off of.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That scene is wonderful - so realistic. I thought it was for eal.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The train layout is awesome, it does look real. Hubby and I do care for driving in the dark, especially when it is raining or snowy. Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

Sometimes it is hard to believe that you and I live in the same state. The weather can be so different.

Adam said...

Ours dropped as well, had to deice my windows, but nothing too bad.

Kerin said...

Pretty impressive details that your hubby has built there for the trains!!

I agree with staying off slick roads during these wintry days.
We also have tons of deer on the roads and that make driving the slick roads even more hazardous.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!

~K.

Inger said...

Staying home sounds like a good idea.