Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 01, 2019

Snow views from my windows

❄️More snow today and this morning it was 10 degrees.
This was the view out of the front door this morning.❄️
I'm sure you all are getting tired of seeing snow pictures but
it is just so pretty and I keep taking more. ❄️
Took this one from the basement glass doors which I
pass making my loops around.
I made pancakes for breakfast and added some mini chocolate chips
for a treat.  Some syrup and a dollop of redi whip made them extra special.

❄️This was my view from the kitchen window as I stood there washing dishes.
This afternoon the temperature made it up to 18 degrees and the beginning
of a warm up.
  
While sitting in my office making weave-it squares and listening to an 
audio book, this is my view.❄️
Then sitting at the dining room table working on the next puzzle,
I look out into the back yard at this view.
❄️I never cared so much for snow till we moved up here 5 1/2 years ago.
But then we lived near a city where so many people panic with 
the thought of snow.  Streets weren't always plowed and it was
just a mess.
Living here in western Maryland I've come to enjoy the snow.
It is easier to enjoy the snow when there are enough 
snow plows needed to clear the roads,
 it is done in a timely manner, and have them do an excellent job of it.
It is also easier when you are retired and don't have to
go out in it.❄️
Then it is very easy to sit back and enjoy the snow falling all around you
and can enjoy the beauty of it.
❄️It is also nice to bundle up and go walking in the snow
and then come in side where it's warm for a nice cup of hot tea or hot chocolate.
We are blessed to live here.

I hope you too can enjoy the snow.
And don't forget after the winter and snow
comes spring again.
❄️A very happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

ellen b. said...

So true about enjoying snow more when the roads are managed better and plowed and sanded! Enjoy your views!

John M said...

The pancakes sound good. I agree you. Snow is more enjoyable when the streets are plowed and you're not stuck in at home.

Tom said...

...I like the stark contrast of the trees against the snow. Stay warm.

Vee said...

Your attitude deserves an A+; mine deserves considerably less. I do NOT (sorry to shout) like snow and winter is almost as bad.

Sandi said...

Oh, that looks AMAZING!

Adam said...

I'd hate to drive to work in that.

William Kendall said...

That is a delight to see.

Hill Top Post said...

Lady Bird Johnson once said, "When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old." I would never tire of your beautiful wintery pictures. The snow is there just begging to be photographed. Even with our one meager little snow, I must have taken a couple of dozen. I looked up some climate data and found that your western counties in the mountains can get up to 100 inches of snow a year. Are you in the mountains or on the piedmont?

Kerin said...

No doubt about it, winter has a unique beauty.
Hot chocolate is especially yummy sipping and sitting next to a warm fire.

If I lived closer, I'd send this book series over to you to read. I'm about 1/2 way through the second book.
I find these books at the thrift store for a dollar or so, then when I'm finished, back in the donation pile they go.
Our poor little library... seems as though they never get any new books. Also, it cost $3.00 to do an inter~library loan... guess we live too far out in the boonies..LOL!

Have a happy weekend, and hope you stay toasty warm.

~K.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the snow. Nothing quite as relaxing as sitting in a warm home and watching it snow.

Dianna said...

Your snow and your views are just beautiful, Karen. You definitely have more than we do.
Have you or Ken measured to see how much you actually have? Carroll measured ours this afternoon and it is a total of 8 inches...or it was at that point. I know what you mean about how nice it is being retired and not have to go out in it but can just sit back and enjoy the beauty of it. We feel the same way.

The birds in your kitchen window are so pretty.

Rose said...

Though I complain about the drab, dreary days, and the bitter cold, I still feel a thrill like a school kid when it snows. Such beauty! It makes even the boring take on new life.

Joyful said...

Lovely views all around. It is very true what you say about being able to enjoy the snow better when the city and town officials manage it well and also when you don''t have to go to work. I'm in a heatwave where I am so looking at your snow pics helps me feel cooler, lol.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the birds staying indoors on your window sill away from the cold.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The birds on your windowsill look so pretty with the snowy background! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Kerri Farley said...

Wow Karen! It's hard to believe you've been up there 5 1/2 years already. Time really does fly by!

Debby Ray said...

I agree with you about the snow. My hubby doesn't like it but I do and I even enjoy getting out and driving in it some. Your photos are so pretty, many look like my views around here when it snows.

Retired Knitter said...

Absolutely true. I love snowy weather and I still live in the city. The difference in I don't have to go out in it.

M.K. said...

I think you hit the nail on the head - piles of snow are gorgeous, as long as you have a lovely warm home to be in and don't have to go out :) I agree! And your views are just stunning. It won't last long, so enjoy it while you can.