Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 04, 2019

Old and New

So nice to be outside walking in the sunshine.
Getting a bit lighter earlier each day and I can now start my walk
at 7:00.  Won't be long before I'll be back starting at 6:30 again.

Temperature this morning was 35 degrees but warmed up quite a bit by the
time I got back home and later in the day it was in the 50's.

Walked to town and made three stops there.
First dropped off the water bill at public works.
(still paying a water bill for the old house) 
Next stop the library to drop a book down the book drop.
Last stop was the post office to drop a Netflix off.
Then through town again and back home.
 Saw a couple of deer.
No people.
 Walked 6 miles
🦌     🦌
We went down to the LaVale to Walmart to get food shopping done.
While there bought a new crock pot.
The old one finally gave out.
My Mom gave me the old one many years ago, must be 35 years.
I always think of her when I use it. 
Will just throw out the heating part and keep the blue pot,
it will come in handy for something.
I might even use it as a flower pot.
 The new one of course is the black one on the left. 
Puttered around the house this afternoon.

It was pizza night at Brenda's
which is always nice to look forward to.
I'll be making some more weave-it squares this evening
as well has reading, watching a bit of TV and
having my ice cream snack. 🍨
We've been watching NYPD Blue
and are into the 4th season now.

That all folks.
Life is Good
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Melanie - Mr Snowman's head fell off but he is still standing. ⛄️

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

I love the light in your second shot.

Vee said...

I’m glad that you are keeping the blue crock of the old crockpot. It is really pretty and would look wonderful as a planter.

There was a lot of dripping here today. The roads are slushy, but my driveway is still covered. This time of year, things are a bit of a back and forth and, unfortunately, the warm-up will end here. Hope that yours doesn’t so you can keep on getting out to walk.

Rose said...

I love that second shot with the long shadows! Such an inviting shot anyway.

Tom said...

...I like the tin back splash!

Dianna said...

Wasn't it a beautiful day in the neighborhood? We took a walk this afternoon and it was SO nice to be outside with just a sweater. We hit almost 60 in the afternoon.

I like your new crockpot. The pot part of the old one is such a beautiful blue. When I saw it I thought, "What an awesome flower pot that would make." Then I read your words and saw that we thought of the same possibility. :)

Have a great remainder to your week, neighbor.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great shot of the early morning sun. The light and shadows are wonderful at that time of day. It was a beautiful warm day here, so Millie and I did some extra walking. We didn't quite make it six miles, though. Three miles is absolutely my limit! :~) I also noticed, as Tom did, your tin back splash...really nice!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos, but still very cold for me.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I'm still confused on what the difference is between a crocpot and a slow cooker. I have one like both you show in the picture. My favorite is the smaller 4qt crockpot.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

That crockpot lasted a long time! Love the blue crock!

Inger said...

I have an old crock post with 1960s design on it. There's just something about those old ones. Your productive days make me feel inspired.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love how it is getting brighter in the mornings and not as dark at night when I come home.I love the blue of that old crockpot.

Retired Knitter said...

Love the look of the old crockpot. Crockpots now typically are in back or silver!