Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Book, unwrapped

45 degrees again this morning when I left at 7:00 for my walk.
It was just cloudy and wasn't supposed to rain till later in the day.
After about a mile it started to drizzle a bit but only latest
for a few minutes and made it back home before the rain started.

Walked to town and around the cemetery at the top of the hill
and down to the barn near the Drane house.
Walking back down the hill here from the cemetery and toward to main road. 
The town pond is still frozen over.
 Continued my walk around town for another mile and then
headed back home.
I took note this morning of all the school bus drivers 
that wave to me regularly.
1, 3, 9, 10, 46, and 48.
🚌     🚌
Unwrapped the library book from yesterday.
















I have a couple of other books to finish reading first before starting this one.
📚     📚
Ken went to the old house alone this morning.
I took the day off from painting.
Had some house work to get done at home.
Ken came home lunch time.

After lunch we went out and picked up some more door prize
donations for the Wild Game Dinner.

Did some reading later in the afternoon.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Vee - The horses are now on the other side of the barn with a fence between them and the cows.  If you look closely at the barn picture today you can see one of the horses in the back on the left.

ChipButter -  For more information about the weave-its click on the link "Weave-its"
at the bottom of the page.

RK - Though it is not that great I found a picture of the green weave-it blanket I made for my daughter.  I think I told you that she ended up giving it to Giles, her dog.











Debby and Lisa - The white bedspread that you saw in yesterday's picture is neither vintage or chenille but one I knitted using Red Heart yarn.

15 comments:

Rose said...

That looks like a good book! And that bedspread under the weave-its is beautiful. I had no idea you had made it. I accomplished very little today.

Tom said...

...neat barn, looks like the beginning of mud season.

William Kendall said...

I do like that mud view.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I took note of the bus numbers. If Number 13 had passed you I would have happily waved at you.

ellen b. said...

Hope the book is interesting enough to read. :)

Adam said...

Got warm here last day or two. My heat pump turned off because it didn't need to be on.

Dianna said...

Karen, that weave-it blanket that you made for your daughter is just beautiful!

Hill Top Post said...

Wow! The white bedspread is beautiful! I had no idea you had knitted it. The green weave-it blanket was beautiful too. Around here, we would soon be talking about the "bottom falling out of everything." That's when the ground begins to thaw. Of course, this year we haven't had an extended time of below freezing temperatures. It is still raining this evening.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

After the snow, the wet mud everywhere.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the barn, horse and cows. Your blanket is beautiful. The book sounds interesting, I'll check my library to see if they have it in the ebook version. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Happy for you to have decent weather so that you can get outside and walk..yay!

Looks like an intriguing book.

Have a happy day.
~K.

p.s. Thanks for the encouraging comments on my post, and your positivity! You inspire me!!

Retired Knitter said...

Yep! That is the blanket I remember - my favorite. I remember also how it wound up being a dog's blanket. Kind of a sorry end for such a beautiful piece.

Vee said...

She gave it to her dog? 🥴

Okay, I had to look very closely and I even got my magnifying glass, but could not find the horse. At last, I found him. I was looking way too far back. He’s a lot closer than I thought. It must be farming wisdom at play in switching things around. I imagine that the horses are not one bit happier about not seeing you. Any chance of a special dispensation?

Glad that you have been having good walking weather. Freezing rain here today.

The book sounds interesting.

Happy@Home said...

Glad you were able to take your walk before the rain set in. I enjoyed the scenes from your walk. It looks and sounds like a friendly town you live in.
The weave-it blanket you made for your daughter is very pretty and looks like a lot of time was spent making it. I hope Giles was gentle with it.

Debby Ray said...

Wow...you have really had a lot of thawing! Thanks for answering my question about the bedspread...how lovely it is! And the one that you made for your daughter is stunning...I thought it was a quilt! The unwrapped book looks really good!